Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
plantman71

Outstanding Elep. Ears

plantman71
9 years ago

Kenneth, The Elep.Ear I got from you at the Spring Swap is outstanding. Nelson, All of yours are looking good. My black banana is up about 1' high. All my plants are doing good.
I enjoy our Al. Plant Swap every day. As I walk around my garden or do a little work, I see all the plants I have received and I think of all the good friends I have made since 2000.

Comments (7)

• ourhighlandhome
    9 years ago

Know what Tony? I was walking around the yard yesterday thinking the exact same thing!

I started to list all the things I've gotten over the years, but didn't want to forget something or someone. Everyone just remember this - if you have traded with me, I always think of you when I run across something you shared, always.

Thanks, everybody, for the memories!

(Pic is of dwarf lotus 'Momo Botan')

• elfs_garden
    9 years ago

How funny,, I was out in my yard moving all my EE's around too and loving how pretty they are now!! I love that dwarf lotus.

• browneyedsusan_gw
    9 years ago

Same here. When I see plants that you, my friends, have given me growing and blooming in my garden I think of you.

This evening I was thinking of Terry with sadness. The double pink Confederate rose he had given me was dead-done in by the harsh winter we had. I was picking away chunks of it feeling sad at having lost a friend and his plant, and then I noticed the smallest little green shoots in the midst of that blackened mess. It is coming back!

Susan

• plantman71
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Susan, Our ground is just now staying warm enough for lots of our fair weather plants to come up. Most of my upright elep. ears are just coming up. , my black banana has only been up a short while, my conf. rose has been up a long time(location). Some of my plants have been up for weeks, the same plant in another area is just coming up.
    On another note, the daylily that just about everyone got from one of our regular's mother, she called it Miss Jessie. I didn't think so. Miss Jessie and Cleo is usually sold or traded as the same plant. I planted mine in a location away from my other daylilys. It is up and blooming and Cleo is blooming all over. Miss Jessie is about 8 to 10 inches shorter them any of the Cleos. We got a hard to find daylily, the real Miss Jessie.
    Susan, the redleaf native crinum I got from you is up and has put on new shoots

• catbird
    9 years ago

LOL! I was working in the garden this morning and thinking about the plants I've gotten from my plant swap friends I even took pictures of the wonderful hydrangea 'Alice' that Susan gave me. I just emailed them to a friend here who is also named Alice and told her I'm rooting some for her.

• elfs_garden
    9 years ago

Nelson,,, if you ever have any extras of that dwarf lotus, I would love to have it!!

• Peggy Bishop_McVay
    9 years ago

Ok... I'm so late putting my two cents in but ....
    I have missed you all this year.
    We have been busy with a new grand daughter ( our first grandchild ) school and life in general. I think of you all ,often.
    Ditto on the dwarf Lotus from me too by the way...

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!