Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Yeeee Haaaaaa....rain, rain, rain.....:)

Posted by tweetypye z8/sc AL (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 19, 07 at 13:12

Hope you are all getting some of this beautiful wet stuff!!! I haven't seen it rain like this in months!!!!
Jan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Yeeee Haaaaaa....rain, rain, rain.....:)

• Posted by cembh zn8 AL (My Page) on
    Tue, Jun 19, 07 at 14:18

I haven't either and I wish it would last for days.

o

Gotten a little over 1/2 inch here today. About time! I had 175 ft of trenches dug Sunday so I could expand my sprinkler system and all that came out of the hole was dust. Brought the pond up about an inch or so only 30 more inches to go until it is full again.

Bob in Morgan County

o

Working on about 1/2 here, too. Wish it were more, but at least it was nice and gentle and gave everything a nice soak and a break from the heat.

o

Counting last Thursday afternoon + last Friday afternoon + today's rain makes for 7/10 inch in less than a week! Still not the drought-buster we all need, but right now I'll take all the rain I can get. Keep praying, folks. It really works.

o

We ended up with a whole inch in the gauge! The most I've seen in weeks. And it came in the form of several nice slow showers so everything got a good soaking. I'm so thankful for it, and I sure hope we all continue to get more as needed to reverse this awful drought.
Glad to hear more of you got some much needed moisture also.
Jan

o

i was all giddy today because we got rain and now they've just annouced a water restriction in montgomery. i have an odd numbered addy so i can now only water on mondays, wednesdays and fridays.

o

0.2" last friday and 0.7" yesterday in historic downtown loachapoka (auburn area). i haven't mowed since sometime in april and oddly looking forward to that again!

o

I'm delighted that you all got rain. In north Walker County I didn't even get ONE DROP!! I work in Bham and it poured - couldn't even see the building across the street. I could have cried when I got home. A branch on one of my Bottlebrush Buckeyes is already turning gold - everything is shutting down early. I'm about ready to bushhog the whole yard and spread gravel to keep the dust down! Linda

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here