Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bcb77

It's raining, it's pouring!! YAY!

bcb77
17 years ago

The rain dances worked!!

Finally we are getting rain here in Shelby County. It's been a long time since my garden and grass have seen anything but a hose pipe.

Whoohooo!!

Comments (13)

• terramadre
    17 years ago

I am happy for you but we only had designer drops in Calhoun County. Is this a hose pipe? ;-)

• maxmom96
    17 years ago

My hearty thanks to all those who danced. Tuscaloosa got the rain today.

terramadre: You must also be an ex-yankee, as I had never heard of a hose pipe till I moved here.

• catbird
    17 years ago

Blow some toward Etowah County, please! We're still dust dry.

• roseyp8255
    17 years ago

We got a LITTLE bit here in Elmore County - not NEAR enough. HOwever, i gave in today and bought some soaker hoses. Got part of them put out this evening, need some more couplings and stuff - then will finish. Glad some of you got rain too...

• ourhighlandhome
    17 years ago

We got a very unexpected 2 1/2 in. here today, albeit in less than 1 hr., but you take what you can get - runoff, flood/wind damage and all.

Rosey, your day's comin' my friend. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you...

Nelson

• bamadave
    17 years ago

I'm digging up all of my plants and moving them to your place! :)

• mimidi
    17 years ago

Nothing around Dothan. Looks like we got totally left out.

I am glad some of you got rain.

• outsideplaying_gw
    17 years ago

We've had zip here. Had a few drops yesterday on the way to work in Huntsville but nothing at home. And nothing in the forecast. At least it's cooler and less humid right now.

• roseyp8255
    17 years ago

I still keep hoping - Nelson, you keep your fingers crossed! Jan (TweetyPye) said we got about 1/4 in - my rain gauge had fallen over. I got my first set of soaker hoses hooked up last night....more to come this weekend!

• squirrellypete
    17 years ago

Barely got a drizzle here in Heflin for just a few minutes Monday night. Wasn't enough rain to help the plants any but the drop in temps and the overcast next day did so that's good. We live up on top of a hill with a decent view and I watched rain storm after rain storm go by to the East of us. I was so jealous! =(

Squirrellypete

• bamadave
    17 years ago

I didn't get anything, either. I noticed this morning that shrubs I watered a few days ago are already wilting again. And these have been in the ground for three years - not brand new plantings! UGH!

• tweetypye
    17 years ago

Same here Bamadave. We did get a shower Monday afternoon, but you can't tell it today. I've got sprinklers going again, and plan on making a trip into Montgomery tomorrow for soaker hoses. I think that will be much more efficient than my overhead sprinklers. My water bill will be outragious this month, I'm certain!!
    Jan

• applepatch
    17 years ago

I am green with envy.In Center Point we have not had a drop.Lots of thunder the other day but not a drop of rain.I know my water bill will be sky high but it cant be helped.So ok,lets do that rain dance one more time.Paulette

Sponsored
HEMAX Construction Services & Landscaping, LLC
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Landscape Contractors Servicing VA