Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
There's something really freaky attacking all my plants!

Posted by squirrellypete z7b AL (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 22, 06 at 17:42

I've heard people talk about it before but I never actually thought I'd see it. It's clear and wet and coming down in buckets!!! Should I be concerned? Isn't this like one of the signs of the apocalypse or something lol?

To anyone who was doing rain dances it finally paid off over here in Heflin. Oh happy day!!

Squirrellypete

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: There's something really freaky attacking all my plants!

I know, I know!!! We actually got almost an inch this afternoon too! I think all my plants are smiling about now, I know I am. There is still a chance of rain in the forecast for the next 7 days, also. Sure hope we all get more of that glorious stuff!! :)
Jan

o

Please send some of it over here to Gadsden! Our part of town is still dry as toast.

o

I'm wishing rain your way catbird!

Squirrellypete

o

We got a good 30 mins. of rain today, I know I will be real happy by the time my water bill gets here.
Jill

o

Freaky is the right word. All around me got heavy rain yesterday afternoon but I didn't get enough to settle the dust underneath the trees, here in Riddles Bend.

o

That's how it's been for the last 6-8 weeks or so tedp2. We can see the rain clouds a few miles away all around us, hear the thunder and actually see the sheets of rain pouring to the ground off in the distance yet the sky above our heads would be clear and the sun beating down that 95 degree heat. Thank God for a little reprieve -- hopefully you'll get yours soon too.

Squirrellypete

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here