Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Plant markers

Posted by TweetyPye z8/SC Al. (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 20, 05 at 17:43

Does anyone know where to get the metal plant markers at a cheap price? The plastic ones always seem to get broken, or the labels fade out on them. I have lots of daylilies that I want to label. Thanks in advance for all your help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Plant markers

• Posted by Nelson 7b in Alabama (My Page) on
    Mon, Jun 20, 05 at 18:27

I've been using the ones below for years and am very happy with them....

Here is a link that might be useful: Metal Plant Markers

o

• Posted by rjbman Z-6 NE Ala (My Page) on
    Tue, Jun 21, 05 at 11:37

We also had bad luck with the "store bought" plastic markers, but we bought a box of plastic picnic knives, then marked one end with a Sharpie permanent marker. Has worked out real well for marking our daylilies, and they are easy to spot.

RJ

o

I've seen several neat ideas for plant markers lately on the Garden Junk forum. One lady made them out of old insulin bottles with a curl of paper with the name in fancy script and bits of sand, shells, whatever caught her fancy and would fit in the bottle. Another lady made them out of letter beads. Both were extremely cute and would be long lasting. Not metal but original and durable.

There are lots more clever ideas if you're interested. Here are a couple of links to get you started:

Plant Markers
Message in a bottle

o

Great ideas guys, and thanks Nigella, for the links. There are lots of good ideas there.

o

Target had some cute copper colored ones in their dollar bins a few weeks ago.

o

i was just going to mention target, but i bought them a few weeks ago at full price--i should head back for more, i guess!!

angela w.

o

I have ordered from http://eonindustries.com for years and been quite pleased with quality and service. Also, Office Depot has the Brother P-touch 1180 (is what I have) label maker and the labels withstand the weather really well. I have a friend who has had her labels on her plants for close to 5 years. Can't beat that. They don't fade and it makes the garden look so much neater.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here