Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pfllh

St. Francis statue

pfllh
14 years ago

Does anyone know where I can find a 4ft garden statue of St. Francis with the animals?

Thanks

Lynn

Comments (11)

• shay2006
    14 years ago

I have seen them so many places that I can't remember any of them at the moment....LOL But here are some suggestions in the B'ham area. Garden Ridge in Irondale has the largest inventory around for garden stuff...great store! You can check Hobby Lobby, Old Time Pottery in Pelham, Loew's and Home Depot, and any nursery that carries yard art. Good luck!

• shay2006
    14 years ago

I forgot to mention, of course you can find tons on line. Check Amazon and E-Bay for the best prices.

Sharon

• pfllh
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Sharon, I've about wore the internet out. I live in Prattville and have tried nursersies in the tricounty.
    I'll call those places you listed. Thanks for your help.
    Lynn

• pfllh
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Sharon, called and ended up with Meyers. They have one but only with a bird. I'm going to go look at it Thursday.
    I appreciate this more than you know. My husband had wanted one by the pond and had described what he wanted. His health did not allow him to look for one. He passed away last month. I'm doing this for him.
    THANK YOU
    Lynn

• ourhighlandhome
    14 years ago

Tell you what, Lynn....

You provide the animals - I'll come strike a pose. Seriously, there's a place I'll check out this weekend, but I think your best bet for the memorial you want may be to purchase the St. Francis statue you want, then "accessorize" him with individual animals of your choice. That would be really personal.

I hope you're doing well - I think of you often!

Nelson

• pfllh
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Nelson, sent you an email. I'm doing OK.
    Lynn

• shay2006
    14 years ago

Hi Lynn.....I am so sorry about your husband and what you are doing is a wonderful tribute to him. Myers is where I purchase most of my plants, they are close to home, and have beautiful plants. They also have a large variety of yard art and pots. I have purchased some beautiful pots from them as well.

Here is a statue I found that it almost 4 ft high. Here is the link http://tiny.cc/H7Fvh. Please let us know if you find what you are looking for. I will be thinking about you.

• pfllh
    Original Author
    14 years ago

That is the statue I have in favorites. The one at Meyers is a brownish finish and a little more than 4 ft and made of concrete. She said they would order whatever animals I wanted and do in whatever finish I wanted. Jennifer was sooooo nice. Going tomorrow to check out.
    Thank you again for your help.
    Lynn

• shay2006
    14 years ago

They are the nicest people there. Did you end up getting the one at Meyers?

• pfllh
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I went to Meyers today and got the statue. I had bought Phil a garden bunny last year. Now I have to find a gray wolf or a fox and a lamb. I think those will be easier. I didn't realize how it would effect me to see it as he wanted one so much. I can't thank you enough. Lynn

• shay2006
    14 years ago

So happy you found one. I love the St. Francis statue. Being a catholic and a huge animal lover, he is my my favorite saint. I'm sure it will be lovely when completed.

Sharon

Sponsored
Velero Deck Designs
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Loudoun County's Source for High-End Custom Decks & Outdoor Structures