Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Any natural remedies to bug control on peppers??

Posted by bamatufa 7 - Trussville, AL (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 10, 14 at 20:11

I am growing four pepper plants in pots and using sevens dust to control my plant eating bugs. Is there any natural remedies like tobacco juice or something that works just as well ? I prefer to get away from the sevens dust.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Any natural remedies to bug control on peppers??

Which bug or bugs do you have a problem with?

o

• Posted by bamatufa 7 - Trussville, AL (My Page) on
    Wed, Jun 11, 14 at 10:25

Not sure other than tiny ants that I can see. Something is eating holes in the leaves. Had worms in my peppers last year so I am expecting the same this year.

o

With rare exceptions, ants are not a pest that needs to be eliminated, they are excellent for your conditioning and aerating soil. Fire ants are something most people don't want in their gardens, but they aren't harmful to plants.

Holes in the leaves could be many things. If tiny holes, probably flea beetles. They are self limiting and usually don't so much harm and are pretty much gone by this time of year. Big holes could be a number of things; a picture would help.

There are a number of worms that will destroy garden plants; Bt applications, like Dipel, are specific to caterpillars and won't harm anything else.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here