Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shay2006

Follow up to my Japanese Beetle post

shay2006
16 years ago

I see I posted my first message on 5/22 and I'd had them for a week or so before I posted. They are still here though not as many, but still plenty. Not 20 on one bud but 3 or 4. More like the normal years in the past and not like the total infestation I had this year. Somewhere I read that regardless of when they arrive, they still only last the same amount of time. By my estimation I've had them a little over a month. Shouldn't they be gone? They have moved from my rose bushes in the back yard to my knock out roses in the front yard. I have not had a rose, geranium blossom, or a magnolia blossom make it since they arrived. I called my lawn service to ask about treating my yard for next year they put one of the horticulturist on the line. He told me it is a waste of money unless everyone in the neighborhood treats their yard. He also said that they probably didn't even come from my yard. He said that because I live in a new development with on going construction, that they will be a huge problem until construction ends. It is a 15 year project! Short of moving, I guess there is nothing to be done. Guess I won't have roses, geraniums or magnolia blossoms in May or June every year. And they aren't even supposed to like geraniums or magnolias! I am so discouraged. Man I HATE these things!!!! Sorry for the rant.....

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?