Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
what is this bug?

Posted by michelle11 z7 AL (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 17, 07 at 20:31

Hi all! Can you help me id this bug? I will post pictures if I can.
It is an insect (6 legs), two segmented body, all orange except 3 black spots down the back. It is small, about 2 cm. Recently a few have gotten slightly bigger, and when they do they lose the orange color and become brown. There have been lots of the orange ones, and they seem to like to congregate together on one or two plants, though the plant they pick changes daily. I have not seen any damage as of yet, and I don't want to kill something without reason. Any idea what it is?
Thanks,
Michelle

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: what is this bug?

o
RE: what is this bug?

yes! It is the leaf footed nymph. Thanks. I am about to look up more info to see if I need to be getting rid of it.
Michelle

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here