Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Larry Brazil Had A Stroke Friday Night

Posted by tsmith2579 Z7B/8A-Alabama (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 9, 08 at 21:38

Some of you may have met Larry Brazil of Tremont, MS. Larry doesn't post on Gardenweb very often but he lurks and keeps up with what is going on, especially with the Louisiana/Mississippi forum and the Alabama forum. Last September I went to Larry's and brought back a number of plants to distribute at the Fall swap. He is a very giving person, a gracious host and the epitome of a Southern gentleman. I received an email today notifying me Larry had a stroke last Friday night. He is in North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo, MS. I hope all of you will say a prayer for Larry's swift recovery. I'll keep you posted as I receive more information.
Thanks
Terry Smith

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Larry Brazil Had A Stroke Friday Night

It will be a priviledge to send warm thoughts and wishes to your friend Larry. He sounds like a gem of a man.

o

Oh, I'm so sorry. I have one of Larry's Lime Zinger Elephant Ears. Please keep us posted. Linda

o

Terry did you get my email? I talked to Robbie.
Lynn

o

I met Larry at Ida Flynns dl garden in Sulligent, AL last year. He's a very nice man...we have kept in touch via email. Thank you for letting me know about this, and I will certainly keep him in my thoughts and prayers.
Have you heard anything more about his condition?
Jan

o

I talked to Robbie, who had surgery last week so he has been out of pocket. Larry's condition is much the same. He is paralyzed on one side but can speak pretty well. He was given a swallow test so they hope to remove the feeding tube soon so he can eat by mouth. He will probably go to rehab for about 3 months and then they will decide what to do next. Larry still needs your prayers. Sylvia's father was much the same about 20 years ago. He couldn't talk and was totally paralyzed on one side but he finally recovered to the point he could walk, talk and drive. So prayer does help.

o

Rehab is all of the difference. He can certainly recover a lot of his losses, but it will not be easy. I will add him to my prayer list as well.
Kay

o

I tried to call thehospital room the other nite. Wasn't sure if a family member would be there, or how well Larry could talk. No one answered. I live nearby and would love to visit esp if he'll be in rehab a while. If anyone knows, please post if Larry would be up to visitors. He invited me for a tour of his place in early spring, and it was a treat! What a nice man with diverse interests and I left with several plants!

o

Has anyone heard any more news from Larry? I sure hope his condition has improved lots by now.
Jan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here