Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
source for paw-paw trees

Posted by ThomasCB 7b (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 8, 05 at 21:50

Is there a nursery in central or north Alabama that has paw-paw trees for sale?

Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: source for paw-paw trees

There's a gentleman in rural Decatur, AL that sells grafted small trees of 5-6 different varieties. He's Dale Brooks and you can get his address and phone number from the Kentucky State University website under "nurseries". He's the first one on the list. He has one of the few, larger sized paw-paw orchards in Alabama. Well, I don't know of any other so maybe I'm wrong--but he has more than a hundred bearing trees behind his house. I have never gotten up there when they are coming in ripe but intend to! I think they ripen in late summer here, maybe late July or August. He works a job full time so getting him at home is hit or miss. Good luck. Mike

Here is a link that might be useful: Best Paw Paw site there is

o
RE: source for paw-paw trees

Try Barnes and Son in McMinnville, TN. They always advertise pawpaws. I used to get a catalog every season but I don't have one handy now. Call McMinnville 411 for the phone number.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here