Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
heather_in_bama

Need help w/ petunias

heather_in_bama
15 years ago

I'm a beginner gardner, so please forgive me if this is redundant (I have also been all over this site looking for my question and can't seem to navigate my way around here).

I planted wave petunias in many containers...in addition to the few caterpillars I have (I used diatomaceous earth and it handled it fine...)there seems to be a strange leaf pattern emerging. I don't have the full green leaves anymore on the newer growth. Instead, what I have is this strange, spindly looking 5-pronged greenery with a bloom in the center. The "bloom" doesn't actually bloom, though. They have turned brown, hard and actually look like they are bursting (reminds me of a popcorn kernal). Each individual "kernal" has a hole in it, like it has popped. I can't see any bugs that could've eaten through, but its possible. So, I guess to restate my problems...what causes the very strange change in growth pattern? Also, what could be causing the little brown things/kernals/whatever to pop? Does any of this make sense?

It definitely doesn't look like typical "leggy' petunias. The entire leaf pattern has changed. It is doing this in 5 different containers, all purchased from one nursery. Help!

Comments (3)

Sponsored