Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Renting land for garden in/near Tuscaloosa

Posted by rtr_bama none (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 21, 11 at 8:44

I am about to move into an apartment in Tuscaloosa (North of the river) and am looking for some land to possibly rent? Or something..just so that I can have a real garden versus some pots on my balcony. I'm open to most any option, just curious as to what I could do! I'd love to hear any suggestions/ideas you may have! Thanks so much!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Renting land for garden in/near Tuscaloosa

If you really want to rent a piece of land, I'd put ads on Craigslist for Tuscaloosa. Under the "for sale" section I'd put one in "Wanted", "Farm & Garden" & "General". I think your ad will be seen there more than anywhere else. But since ads turn over pretty quick on Craigslist you may have to place them more than once before you get any responses. But hey, at least it's free.

I'd also ask around at nurseries, garden shops, the local county extension office to see if they know of any community gardens already in existence in your area. There could be one already going that you don't know about.

And if you're renting in an apartment complex you might approach the mgmt. about starting a small community garden somewhere on the grounds to be shared by the residents. Just a thought.

Good luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here