Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
purpleinopp

Singin' in the rain, your weather review

This is a refreshing change from the past 2 summers. Haven't been flirting with 100 degrees at all yet. If this rain keeps up, I won't have to worry about replacing our leaky hose or broken hose storage box (snapped the handle off Saturday) until next year. Kind of ironic in a good way, I finally got a bunch of tubs to collect serious amounts of rain water, and have had to dump it out a few times. It's hosting mosquito larvae faster than I need to use it, don't want to risk any of them maturing. Guess I need to put screens over the tubs, never occurred to me I'd have this problem, or even have any rain TO collect.

The plants are loving this weather although I have to keep trucking potted succulents around so they don't get rained on every time. I haven't seen any true wilt on any plants since late last month. DH isn't crazy about having to mow so often, and I'm chasing grass vines out of beds constantly, going right over borders and up walls. Don't think the lawn will be going dormant this summer. We haven't been driving to swimming spots for relief nearly as often as previous Junes.

All things considered, I'm going with thumbs up. What is your review on this summers' weather so far?

Comments (9)