lsmcw

Fall Swap

lsmcw
16 years ago

Do we have a date yet? Linda

Comments (30)

• tsmith2579
    16 years ago

Well, we can't wait for a by-week for Alabama or Auburn football because they don't have a by-week. Does anyone have a suggestion? How about late September (22 or 29) or early October (6 or 13)?

• browneyedsusan_gw
    16 years ago

I don't mind any date-I'll be there no matter what!
    Susan.

• roseyp8255
    16 years ago

i want to come - but i know i can't make it on 10/6 or 10/13, my niece has band competition.....how about on Sunday, 10/14/07? We state employees have a holiday on 10/16/07! :)

• mws366
    16 years ago

i vote for SATURDAY sep 22 or oct 6

by the way,i have already posted my
    trade list.

wayne

• ourhighlandhome
    16 years ago

Ideally I'd opt for Sept. 15th, since 'Bama plays a night game on that date. But, in the spirit of compromise, I'll vote with Wayne and go with Sept. 22nd. A later date may create a hardship when it comes to getting anything established before winter sets in.

• mws366
    16 years ago

either sep. 15 or 22 suits me.
    let's hear from some more gardeners,
    who plan to be there.

wayne

• tedevore
    16 years ago

Sept 15 sounds great to me. I plan to be there.

Todd

• michelle11
    16 years ago

I plan to be there, but I won't be swapping anything. All I have grown this year is a little boy :-)
    I'll probably just join you all for the picnic. Any date should do as long as I have enough advance notice.
    Michelle

• lsmcw
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Sorry, I won't be swapping with you - I already have 4 Grandsons! Linda

• birdlady_10
    16 years ago

Sept 15 or 22 sounds good to me.I'll be there.Just got to get out there,make my list & do my trade page.Do I still have one? LOL.Haven't checked it out for a while.Can't wait to see you all.Jan

• tsmith2579
    16 years ago

Score to this point is:
    Sep 15 - 4
    Sep 22 - 5
    Sep 29 - 1
    Oct 6 - 1

• birdlady_10
    16 years ago

OK I've got my trade page up & running! So check it out & help me get rid of this stuff(and get some more). LOL Jan

• lsmcw
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I can only go on the 22nd. I will be out of town on the 15th. Let's decide on a date - I don't want to make trades if I can't attend. Linda

• mws366
    16 years ago

the 22nd is a good date. nelson has agreed to make a great sacrifice to be there if thats the date decided on. who will attend if the 22nd is the date ?

wayne

• tedevore
    16 years ago

The 22nd will be o.k. by me--I plan to be there.

Todd

• ourhighlandhome
    16 years ago

Oh, to heck with you Wayne! LOL! How dare you make me stick to my promises.

I was hoping for the 15th, but since I'm typically late I'll change the alarm clock and possibly I'll be on time (with my 2-yr.-old promise to bring you an agapanthus 'orientalis').

I'm updating my exchange page almost daily because of the TOTAL BAN on outside watering where I live. Hopefully I'll have trades still available by the time we meet, but it doesn't look hopeful. My entire yard is turning brown....

Nelson :-(

• tsmith2579
    16 years ago

September 22 sounds good to me. See y'all Sept. 22.

Terry

• lsmcw
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Where's Tony? We haven't heard from him in this debate. Linda

• tsmith2579
    16 years ago

The last I knew, Tony's computer was on the fritz and he was communicating through Debbiedo. I'll send her an email to see what's going on in Minor, AL.
    Terry

• debbido
    16 years ago

Hi Guys!

Where's Tony? How about "Where's Deb?" I see how you guys are!!! Just kidding.

Dad has gotten a new computer, but I don't think he has gotten it online yet. I will check with him on Sep 22. Works for me.

Talk to you later,
    Deb

• birdlady_10
    16 years ago

I added more to my exchange list tonight.Come on-help me get rid of this stuff!! Jan

• tsmith2579
    16 years ago

I have posted a thread on the Alabama Exchange with the Fall Plant Swap information. Please make your request, post the list of plants you Want and plants you Have on the Exchange thread. Go to the top of this page and click on Exchanges in the line On-Topic Discussions [Switch to: Exchanges.
    Please do not post your trades here because GW may delete them for being in the inappropriate place.

Hope to see you on there.

• alabamanicole
    16 years ago

I plan to make it.

• Jackie McCarty
    16 years ago

Hey y'all,

I will be there on the 22nd. my schedule has already been made through the 15th and i have to work that day. but if its the 22nd, i have time to request off.

Everything in my yard is brown and crispy, so I doubt I will have anything at all.

I will bring mississippi mud though.
    & I will see if Blake wants to come with me again.

Jackie

• browneyedsusan_gw
    16 years ago

Where are Tony, Deb, Irene, Lynne and Michelle?
    Susan.

• tsmith2579
    16 years ago

I haven't heard from Irene, lately. Lynn is going to try to make it even if she doesn't have any trades. Maybe she'll bring Michelle. The last I heard from Deb was the Aug 11 post above.

• myselfandi
    16 years ago

For someone who is new, can you explain what the Fall Swap is? I think I have an idea, but if someone wouldn't mind sharing, that would be great. Are there any "unwritten" rules?

• tsmith2579
    16 years ago

Myselfandi, cut and paste this address for info. *** http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/alabgard/exch081516306567.html?6 ****
    If you have any questions after reading it, send me an email and I'll be happy to answer your questions. Even if you don't have plants to swap, we usually have extras we give away. If you feel you must bring something to swap, bring a stack of pots, bring a sack of fertilizer, plastic buckets, a garbage bag of mulch or manure; anything garden related. Please come join us. - Terry

• pfllh
    16 years ago

Michelle can't come due to the Auburn game that day. I really want to come but don't know what I will have. With the drought and me not being able to pull hoses due to my surgery, I lost some plants and others just look bad. I would love to see all my old friends and meet new ones.
    I'll try to post this week what I've found in the different flower beds that would be fit to bring.
    Take care
    Lynn

• myselfandi
    16 years ago

Unfortunately "or fortunately," we have season tickets to the Auburn games, and there is a game on that day. I will not be able to make it but plan to make a future swap. Thank you for the info! What a great idea!

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor