Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where are the concrete statuary sales?

Posted by topsiebeezelbub z7 Al (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 30, 12 at 10:44

There used to be several concrete statue yards around Huntsville, but all the ones I went to are gone. Does anyone know where one is nearby to Huntsville? I am looking for a birdbath in the form of a tree...I always loved browsing at all the interesting statues.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where are the concrete statuary sales?

Hi Topsie. I remember those places too, and I have seen some statuary and concrete pieces somewhere if I can remember where. Hmmmm, it seems like there is a place on Highway 67 near Priceville, but I can't remember if it is still there. I think there is a garden center near Union Grove that still sells some things too but haven't been by there in a while. It was close to the Marshall Medical Center North. There used to be a dealer out on Highway 72 east as well. Maybe someone else will chime in and confirm some of these.

o

When we went home to Guntersville on July 4th, the place in Scant City by the Marshal Medical Center was still there.

o

Yep, the Scant City still there. We went past it yesterday. The name is Stewart's Lawn and Garden Center. Didn't get a phone number, but you could look it up & call and see if they have what you're looking for. They don't have a huge selection outside, but it's always possible they can order for you. It looks like a nice place.

o

Topsie, I happened to be driving on Hughes Rd in Madison yesterday and saw that Hartlex Antique Mall had some large concrete statuary and containers outside. I didn't get a good look at everything but if you're close to that area it might be worth a stop to check it out. It's close to Madison Blvd on Hughes.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here