Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bamagardengirl05

Identify this plant?

bamagardengirl05
10 years ago

I can only load one pic at a time...this was in a front bed...mostly sun...just grows in a dense clump and has enlarged each year. We have moved so I dug the big guy up and transferred him. He's stressing a little now...it's about 2 weeks into the transplant and I've left him in the pot till I can figure out if I new to divide and conquer or leave as is.
I had to literally stand up on the pot and push to get this root system in. I know some of you are cringing but I had NO bigger pot and at 100lb soaking wet this thing nearly outweighs ME! My husband grunted with this guy an he's no small man...any who...this puts off finger length or a tad longer little buds that remind me if a pineapple...but stay green...I think it's seeding? I don't think Its pineapple lily??
I have that and it looks very vastly diff...(unless there's other types of pineapple lily and I'm sounding silly right now)....
I THINKING this is a cast iron plant???? I have a few varieties of this and I just can't jump start my brain after so many years of not gardening. I used to work in a specialty nursery and I got this in a 5gal pot. I'm sure I use to spout off the name of it daily but...I have a case of dementia. Lol. My paycheck very nearly went ALL to plants when there so I brought home SO MUCH I couldn't tell you in my mind what is what. If it was new and I didn't have it? I ha a weekly "tab" and at 50% I got a deal :)
Anyone recognize this?? Shade?? Sun??? Divide???
:) thanks guys.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus