Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rabbits will eat ________!

Posted by tndaisy z7TN (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 8, 13 at 13:36

So far this year, they've eaten asiatic lilies, potato vine, flowering quince, and the tops of all my zinnias. And that's with two terriers who chase them....wascally wabbits! If they touch my hydrangeas, I'm getting Daddy's shotgun! So what other flowers and ornamentals will they eat?

This post was edited by tndaisy on Tue, Jul 9, 13 at 11:29

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rabbits will eat ________!

You'd be better off asking for a list of plants that they seem to avoid, lol. It would a lot shorter.

o

They don't eat garlic.

I have quite a crowd of rabbits. Mostly they seem content to eat the clover in my yard. I can watch them sit out there and polish off blossoms after blossom.

o

They definitely will eat soybeans. I grew some this year for edamame, and the rabbits got more adventurous over time. First they ate the leaves, leaving the pods (which was fine by me), then they started eating the pods. After they demolished the first planting, I threw the rest of the seeds in the ground to try for a fall harvest, and they were gone the minute they came up.

Interestingly, though, they haven't touched anything else, as far as I can tell.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here