Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ala8south

herbicide overspray experience?

ala8south
16 years ago

Help! An ag sprayer flew over spraying the field directly behind my house yesterday around noon. There was a light breeze blowing toward our property. By yesterday afternoon I had noticed some weeds in my yard were dying (ones I had sprayed Roundup on that morning....but failed to notice that ones I hadn't sprayed were also dying. This morning I find that probably 70% of the plants in my yard have white spots on them, with only certain varieties affected....and the plants in the field that were sprayed are already brown and obviously dying. There were no spots on my plants 2 days ago...I had specifically noticed this. Doesn't take a scientist to figure this one out, does it?

We had a pretty good drenching rain last night. Do I have any hope that that rain will have washed enough of the spray off to save my plants? Anything more I can do for them? Anyone had experience with this?

It gripes me enough because the garden view is largely intended to delight my elderly mother who lives with me. But a neighbor a few doors up is in danger of losing her vision to a health problem. They too have lots of garden plants. I would hate to think of their stuff dying, and this being her last opportunity to enjoy flowers, you know? Thing that really gets me is that the field was hideous looking to begin with...can't imagine there were enough peanuts out there to bother spraying!

Comments (3)