Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Arborist

Posted by dnr24 (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 29, 10 at 15:05

My yard in Birmingham is in need of an arborist. At least two large trees need to come down, a very large oak needs some limbs cut, and at least a half-a-dozen smaller trees need to be razed.

I need someone who can give me advice on which trees to cut and which to leave as well as advice on kinds to plant, which is why I want a true arborist and not just a tree removal service. I've put in multiple calls to two different arborists I found in the Yellow pages, neither of which has returned my calls.

I suppose I could do research and get info from others regarding trees to plant and which trees to remove, but I would rather have a professional assist me since trees are such a vital backbone to the yard. Is there someone here that people here could recommend that they would trust to do that? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Arborist

• Posted by bamatufa 7 - Trussville, AL (My Page) on
    Thu, Jul 29, 10 at 16:15

My work place in downtown B'ham used American Tree Maintenance Inc. located in Columbiana, Al. to cut down and doctor-up a few mature trees on our property first part of the summer. Ph. # 205-669-1925
http://www.atmtreeco.com

o

A quick referral to the ISA (International Society of Arborists) website indicates that there are a few Certified arborists in Birmingham. I'll attach the link so you can use the resource. Don't call those associated with Alabama Power, with the extension office (ACES), or the various City arborists.

If the link doesn't take you straight to the Birmingham page, just fill in the form. You'll find several companies on the list that are worth calling. I know some of them well. What I don't know is if this is a conclusive list. Type in the names of cities near Birmingham for more names.

The extension office MIGHT be a good resource for a list of all Certified arborists in the area, too. Worth a phone call.

Your job sounds like it requires the services of a ISA certified company. Don't settle for less.

Here is a link that might be useful: Click here for ISA list

o
RE: Arborist2

Just thought of another good source of information for you. I've attached the link to AUFA (Alabama Urban Forestry Association) for you. They should have a list of ISA Certified arborists for you. Explain that you require the services of a working arborist.

o

Great resource! Thanks for the link of ISA cert arborists. I've put a call in to American Tree Maintenance who uses Jim Paramore who is on the ISA list of certified arborists. If he doesn't call back, I'll try another on the list.

o

With a job like that, you should be able to get several estimates from willing arborists.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here