Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is this a Redbud

Posted by heathcates 8A (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 14, 12 at 17:47

I dug this from under my mom's redbud tree and a few others just like it. I am wanting to have one at my home and trying not to have to deal with seeds if possible.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is this a Redbud

Yes, those are Redbud seedlings. If that's a cup of water you've got them in, I suggest that you pot them up into some potting soil until you can get them planted. Even sticking them in some garden soil would be much better than keeping them in water.

Good luck with the new babies!

o
RE: Is this a Redbud

Agreed and good luck! Those look alive still. Every time I dig up a little redbud at my Mom's house it dies. They seem to come up only where they can't stay or be easily removed without killing them. Those look like they sprouted this year, if that makes you feel any better about trying seeds (if those don't make it.) They grow quickly.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here