Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New supply of plants

Posted by plantman71 7b/8a (tcm6641@yahoo.com) on
Mon, Jul 8, 13 at 18:26

I got the lot next door. 100x200. The house had burned down. There was about 1000 bushes growing on the back side and poke berries growing everywhere else. I have cleaned it up and planted things all over, it looks a little like a small park. Now that I have got it down to size, new plants are popping up. One place has 4 O'clocks, there is English Ivy, Winter Creeper, Heavenly Bamboo, Cherry Laurel, Roses, I just found two China Berries, Big blue and running Monkey Grass. I have fun just walking around to see what has popped up. If anyone wants any of this, just come get it, or tell me and I will bring to Fall Swap.
I forgot, oak trees, pecan trees, pine trees, cedar trees, moke orange ect.
I am looking for more sedum, shade plants and of course Elep. Ears to fill it up. Bring me some to the Fall Swap.
Tony

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New supply of plants

Oh, oh ,,,,more room to plant;-)

How about Colocasia esculenta 'Tea Cup'?

photo ColocasiaesculentaTeacup.jpg

o

Tony, that's really cool! The property next to us on one side is abandoned (also burned, beyond repair, in 2011) and we fantasize about even being able to do something, like mow it ourselves, let alone buy it. The dweeb who lived there had debris of all types all over, it will have to be bulldozed before it's ever mowed again. So glad you are able to do something so wonderful with your "next door." Good luck turning that jungle into the beautiful spot you envision, cheering you on!

if you don't get enough EE's @ swap and consider Colocasia esculenta "naked" species worthy of postage, I'd be happy to send some. I've got as-yet-homeless Hydrangea (ground layered) cuttings with roots too. And Gardenia although you mention shade plants. Common but available. I'd love to donate some to your cause if that's stuff that interests you.

o

Thanks for the offer of plants. I am glad to get the Tea Cup.
It seems that if I think I need anything, it shows up. As of right now, I have lots in pots needing planted. I can always find a place for another Elep. Ear that I don't have or another sedum.
In the area that I just cleaned the underbrush(100x50) is where the plants are showing up. I am digging and potting what I can. If no one wants them, they will be cut.
Purple, the lot on the other side of me is owned by the city. They told me I could use it as I liked. It wouldn't hurt to check on the lot next to you.
I am on my way outside to play some more.
Tony

o

The lot has been abated and the house is due to be torn down. Hoping the date will be in this week's paper. I don't know what will happen with the jungle and junk piles in the back. We've got a front row seat though!

o

Tony, want some Echinacea 'White Swans"?

o

my yard

o

my yard 2

o

my yard

o

my yard

o

next

o

next

o

next

o

next

o

my favorite tree!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here