Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wildlife around my garden. (pix)

Posted by tweetypye z8/sc AL (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 12, 08 at 19:00

Hello folks...we've had rain here for the past couple of days..thank the Good Lord, and today has been very overcast and cloudy. The perfect day for taking photos. :) So, I did!! LOL
Most of these were made in and around one of my garden ponds. Lots of the wildlife and some "not so wild" life too.
Hope you enjoy the photos.
My fish at feeding time.

My Cocker Spaniel watching the fish at feeding time. :)

One of the two little Yellow Slider turtles that's taken up residence in my pond. He comes to eat with the fish every day.

Blue dragonfly.

Resident bullfrog.

Water Walker spider.

Two-tailed Tiger Swallowtail

Gold Banded Skipper

Tiger Swallowtail

Carolina Wren seaching for bugs to feed it's young.

Hope you enjoyed my photos today.
Jan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wildlife around my garden. (pix)

Wow! Jan these are fantastic! I'm a nature nut!!! I just really enjoyed these and would welcome more. Thanks so much for this and your photos are wonderful!! Mona

o

I like the pictures so much. I don't see many butterflies here and sure don't have a pond. Thanks for the link.

Dot

o

I enjoyed poking around your garden. Thanks for letting me.

Kay

o

I especially loved the baby turtle. My uncle gave my daughter a baby red-eared slider (we lived in Ohio) for Easter when she was 5. He had just crawled up out of the nest and was still damp and soft shelled, about the size of a dime. We had "Junior" until we moved south 4.5 years later. He was about 6 inches long when we let him loose in the lake near my uncle's house. It is cool but gross to watch them eat a minnow...LOL!!

o

Enjoyed the pics.
Jill

o

Jan,
Oh thank you soooo very much for posting these photos.
They are just beautiful. Such a lovely setting for you to enjoy and relax. You are blessed.

The first time I ever heard a Carolina Wren I was in the house and couldn't see it. I opened the door to see what huge bird was making such a loud racket. Boy was I shocked to see such a little bitty bird. I just love them.

Your Angel is a cutie too.

Lrae

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here