Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
irisaddict

So.... what are you potting up for the swap????

irisaddict
14 years ago

Murphy's Law. The nicest July I have ever seen in my life and I have been stuck in the house in a walking boot for a month. Something about posterior tibial tendonitus. Walking on slopes is just too intense.

So what are the rest of you potting up or planning on bringing to the swap? Anyone growing magnolia vine?

Comments (5)

• tedevore
    14 years ago

planning to bring: divisions of agapanthus (have to divide it with a chainsaw, pretty much), ribbon grass, heuchera. A small fatsia, meadow rue, and crocosmia if anyone wants the gift that keeps on giving. Japanese anemone starts if somebody wants. Astilbe. The liatris I forgot last time.

I will bring a start of this cool 'big dipper" EE that I grows like crazy and makes babies very well in my yard. It catches the rain and then tips it out like a big teapot. I got it from Nelson.

{{gwi:366168}}

• irisaddict
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Well that's enough to get me to drive down.

I should have some nice pots of rosemary for the swap.

Evelyn

• birdlady_10
    14 years ago

Just growing the magnolia vine for the first year-doing great so far.I've got tropical hibiscus,a bush St John's wort(still don't know the name),pink weigelia,sweet autumn clematis,"Shasta" viburnum,perrianial sweet pea.Oh Lord I HAVE to make a list! If it's here I'm not going to pot up bananas unless on a prearranged trade.I hate to have to carry them over in the GH.I have Velutina,Raja Puri,Musa Basjoo,musa Ornata,Ice Cream,Hua Moa,Dwarf Red etc.Also have to pot up ee's--Elena,Maui Magic,Black Marble,Yellow Splash,Wentii,Lime Zinger & etc.Also have Chromatella waterlily,purple pickerel,blue water forget me nots etc.So much to do :O) but I love it! I promise to make a complete list soon. Jan

• tedevore
    14 years ago

Jan, we should definitely have the swap at your place. I would love to see some of those bananas!

Todd

• tsmith2579
    14 years ago

Not much, this year.
    Alocasia macrorrhiza - 3 large single stalk plants
    Confederate Rose (Flora Plena) - Pink - well rooted double pink one year old cuttings. Blooms pink in the morning.
    All Altheas are MAYBE status.
    Althea - Double, deep rosey-pink (commercially sold as red)
    Althea - Double, light lavender
    Althea - Pink Giant - single deep pink with red center, large flower
    3 silvery-purple-lavender wisteria 3 gal pot (3 ft tall)
    1 - white wisteria

Malvaviscus arboreus - Giant Pink Turk's Cap
    Malvaviscus arboreus - Giant White Turk's Cap

1 Sugar Maple (2.5 feet tall)
    1 Red Maple "Bonsai" in handmade wooden box planter. Informal-upright style About 3 ft tall, 5 or 6 years old. Must be watered EVERY DAY in hot weather.

Sponsored
Designing Beautiful, Sustainable Homes in Columbus