Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Perennial Hibiscus at Home Depot Hwy 280

Posted by tsmith2579 Z7B/8A-Alabama (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 27, 06 at 21:26

I stopped by Home Depot Hwy 280 today and they have a number of perennial hibiscus. They had Texas star, Lady Baltimore, Ol'Yella, Kopper King and a number of others. These are both outside and inside the gated garden area. I didn't see a price.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Perennial Hibiscus at Home Depot Hwy 280

Terry, I've been looking for one called 'Fireball' that has huge 8-10" red blooms.

Don't suppose H.D. had that one?

o

John, I didn't see Fireball but I may have overlooked it. Tell me more about Firebal. is it firey red? I have some large perennial hibs which are wine red. They grow about 5-6 feet tall and are very bushy. I'm layering them now for new plants.

o

Hey Terry - i was up there this weekend (kids' travel ball tournament) but stayed away from Home Depot, since i am on restriction from buying more plants until i get everything in the ground i already have (SELF-IMPOSED RESTRICTION of course).

HOWEVER, I would love some starts of ANY of the perennial hibiscus that you have :) - i have white and light pink and that is it. Then I could get them in the ground next spring...:)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here