Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tsmith2579

Shall we have a Fall swap?

tsmith2579
17 years ago

Anyone have any ideas about a Fall swap?

Comments (21)

• tedevore
    17 years ago

I missed the spring swap. I will have divisions of some things, small coneflower and rudbeckia plants (because they are such great reseeders), etc. to give away.
    But even if there aren't many trades, I would like a get-together.

Maybe since some (at least few?) of us have kids, I thought it might be nice to have the swap at a nice park with lots of play structures sometime. For example, Not far from where I-65 and Hwy 31 intersect in Hoover/Vestavia, there is a nice park (Wald park) that has a real fancy, multi-structure playground, picnic tables, etc. and its free of charge. I like Oak Mountain too--just an idea. Maybe Oak Mountain is easier?

This humidity (but no rain) makes autumn sound real good, huh?

• roseyp8255
    17 years ago

I don't have ANYTHING ready - and havent even gotten my stuff from spring in the ground - it is all in the shade - where i can water it - pending planting in the fall.....nor do i even want anything else until i get all this in the ground.

Nelson, I haven't forgotten that you want alstromeria - gotta go get some and baby it through the winter - and will bring to you in the spring.

Your idea on a park that kids can play at is good though.

• lsmcw
    17 years ago

YES! I had to be out of town for the spring swap and would love a fall one. Linda

• tsmith2579
    Original Author
    17 years ago

tedevore, where is Wald Park. Is that the soccer park off of west Oxmoor over near Mason Corp? That isn't hard to get to.

• tedevore
    17 years ago

If you drive north toward Vestavia Hills on 31 from the intersection of 65/Hwy 31 (at exit 252),
    You go past the bowling alley (Vestavia Bowl) and start up the Hill toward "Downtown" Vestavia hills, Brookwood hospital, etc. But as you go a little ways up the hill, through a few stoplights, on the left is the vestavia Hills civic center, swimming pool, and an elementary school, and baseball fields.
    The park is behind the school/civic center, not visible from Hwy 31, but its a neat park with lots of parking around, and kids love the playground-very elaborate. Totally redone a few years ago.

It was just an idea, not very far from an I-65 exit.

I am still enjoying the Ecuadaor Pink brug that I got from you a couple of years ago. I garage it in the winter and watch it go all summer--one of my favorites.

Todd

• tsmith2579
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I found a date which may work for Bama and the Cow College Near Opelika football fans. Sept. 30, Alabama plays at Gainesville in the Swamp and the CCNO plays Thursday night (9/28)in Columbia, SC. I would guess the Bama game will be around 2 p.m. The alternative may be 10/21 with Bama at Knoxville and CCNO has homecoming which will probably be an afternoon game. Todd, do you lie in Vestavia? Will you check with Wald Park/Vestavia Hills to see if we can have a swap on those days or if there are any problem with other Saturdays as well? Everyone else, are those days good for you?

• airren
    17 years ago

Gosh, I don't have anything but a bunch of mature brugmansias. Do you think anyone would want yellow/orange varieties?

• applepatch
    17 years ago

I am all for a fall swap.I will start dividing and potting up.It has been so dry,you could not dig very deep.I will post later what I have been able to dig.Yes I was hoping for a fall swap.Do you think it will be cool enough in Sept?I will settle for any day.Paulette

• alex_z7
    17 years ago

I'm flexible on dates, looking forward to seeing everyone again.

• loveofmylife680
    17 years ago

Any date is fine with me and any location. I will have some elephant ears and hardy begonia's.
    Jill

• browneyedsusan_gw
    17 years ago

Every weekend this fall my kids will be playing soccer or volleyball. Still, I will be there-even if they have to miss a game!
    Susan.

• lsmcw
    17 years ago

So do we have a definite date yet? and a place? Linda

• Jackie McCarty
    17 years ago

I will be there. I just have to know a little ahead of time so I can request the day off. I'm busy the weekend of the 28th (october), but we probably can't wait that long.

I don't think I'll have anything to trade, but I'll come anyway.

Jackie

• tweetypye
    17 years ago

Bumping this up. Don't know if I'll be able to make it this fall, but I might, if I know in advance when and where it will be.
    Jan

• kathy813
    17 years ago

Would love to have one close to Gadsden.

• tony_pman
    17 years ago

Hi Terry, set a date. It's in your court. Everyone is not going to agree. I don't know if I can come or not,until a date is set. Where is it going to be held? I still like Oak Mt. I think most of the regulars are just waiting on time and place, before they start trading.

Tony

• tsmith2579
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Tony, you are right. Let's do it Saturday, Oct. 14. I'll post a message here and start another on Alabama Exchanges.

• roseyp8255
    17 years ago

I won't be able to make it this year - we are at softball tournaments every weekend until November. But, i am still trying to get everything in the ground from spring - it has lived quite well in the shade with water though! :)

Nelson and others - i will have to get you the stuff i promised you in the spring. I will do it then i promise! :)

• squirrellypete
    17 years ago

Me neither unfortunately. I already committed a month ago to the Georgia swap which is on the same day.

You guys & gals have fun though and hopefully I'll see you in the Spring!

Squirrellypete

• pfllh
    17 years ago

I won't be able to make it either.
    Lynn

• tweetypye
    17 years ago

My daughter has a band competition that day, so I won't be there either. Ya'll have a blast, and hopefully, I'll see you next spring! :)
    Jan

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus