Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ourhighlandhome

Lynn Haller has passed away.....

ourhighlandhome
14 years ago

This is devastating news, but Lynn's daughter Michelle discovered Lynn's body yesterday after an apparent heart attack claimed her life.

As most of you know, Lynn's husband died a couple of months ago after a very lengthy and debilitating illness. She dedicated every moment of her life to caring for him (to the point of ignoring her own failing health). Those of us who know Lynn were hopeful she would recover from Phil's death and begin to rediscover life, reclaim her health, and finally have time to fully enjoy the many things that brought her happiness.

In addition to her three daughters Michelle, Stephanie and Jennifer (and their respective families), Lynn was also passionate about her adopted animals, many with special needs, her garden, pond, plants and, of course, her friends here on the GardenWeb. She was more than generous in ways that most people aren't even aware of. It just isn't fair that she can no longer be with us.

Jan (birdlady 10) is in contact with Michelle and is going to update me on the arrangements, which I will post here as they become available.

This is just too sad.....

Comments (7)

• tsmith2579
    14 years ago

This is the fourth time I've signed into Gardenweb to say something about Lynn since Nelson called me 10 hours ago with the devastating news. Each time I typed a message and deleted it because it was not worthy of Lynn. I knew how to honor Lynn all along, I was just too upset to recall what needed to be said.

HONOR and COMMITMENT! Lynn lived one of the honorable lives of anyone I have ever known. In this world of disposable everything, Lynn lived her most sacred wedding vows: in sickness and in health, as long as we both shall live. She barely left Phil's side during his long illness. She ignored her own health while caring for Phil, even when friends and family urged her to see a doctor or take a break. Phil wanted her by his side and she was committed to be there. I think this is the biggest reason why I personally admired Lynn. She did not take her commitment to Phil and her marriage lightly. She talked about Phil often and you could tell she loved him dearly. That is a memory Lynn's family can cherish and we should all strive to match in our lives.

God has a new angel at his side, an angel we were too unwilling to share with him so soon. - Terry

• michelleswonders
    14 years ago

Nelson, Terry and all dear friends,

I want to thank you for the kind words, thoughts and prayers. It is very hard to put into words what has happened. We all knew my dad for years could go at any moment so we were prepared. We were not prepared for my mom's passing. Most people live their whole life without knowing or feeling what I felt for my mom. She was my mentor and my best friend. I want each of you to know that she loved each of you and talked every day about her friends she met on Garden Web. Like Terry said she is an Angel and she will always be with us. Her arrangements are as follows: Mom's visitation will be on Tuesday, August 4th, at 6 pm at:
    Prattville Memorial Chapel and Memory Garden
    841 Fairview Ave.
    Prattville, AL 36066
    and buried on Wed. at 10 am.

Thank You, Michelle

• birdlady_10
    14 years ago

I still cannot believe this is real.Not to be able to call her & talk on the phone-which we did at least twice a week-for a couple hours at least.Not to be able to drive down for the day,walk her yard & go out for lunch.Lynn was one-if not the best-friend I've had.We seemed to know what each was thinking or feeling.I thought of her as my true sister.She was there for me at my mother's passing.As Terry & Nelson said Phil was her life.He was the first & last thing she thought about every day.Not many women would have devoted their lives to an invalid husband as she did.And she loved Phil-so very much.I know Lynn's daughters are devastated.Shhe loved them & the grandchildren so much.Yes Terry,Heaven does have a new angel & we who are left here on earth have a big empty spot in our lives.She will always have a place in my heart & I will miss her SO very much. Jan

• tedevore
    14 years ago

I just came back today from out of town, and reading this I also have a hard time taking this in. I only knew Lynn from our plant swaps and here on Gardenweb. But it was obvious she was a special lady, so generous, with a real spark and fun to be around. I know her Gardenweb friends will think of her often, and not just when we see the plants she gave us growing every year.

Todd

• idig
    14 years ago

Michelle, I am so sorry for your loss. I didn't know your mom like these good folks here, but it sounds as though she was one of a kind. Shana

• roseyp8255
    14 years ago

Michelle,

I am so sorry. I don't read the obits like i should - hell i don't read the newspaper if i can help it. I had no idea, I didn't realize Phil had died until afterwards either, when I got a note from your mom in July.
    Your mom was such a doll - and I know where you are at now, I went thru it in 2001. Your life will never be the same, but always remember she loved you and will be watching over you.
    Rosey

• Jackie McCarty
    14 years ago

Michelle,

I'm sorry to hear about your mom. I only met her a couple times at the swaps, but she was very nice to me and gave me lots of things when I didn't have anything to swap. My mom was killed four years ago in a car accident. I just want to say I know how you're feeling and I'm truly sorry.

Jackie/STROBE

Sponsored