Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
patricianat

Anyone in the Montgomery/Autauga/Emore area

patricianat
16 years ago

Interested in roses. We are soon going to be shovel-pruning approximately 250 roses. If interested, let me know. Don't ask what kinds. There are all kinds. Send me an e-mail if you are interested in any specifics. We have about 300 roses and can no longer manage all of these secondary to water shortage, intense labor and health issues, and we will only be keeping about 20, so if you are interested, please send mail.

Comments (8)

• pfllh
    16 years ago

I'm in Prattville. I would be interested. Do you want trades, selling, or adopting (:O) out?
    Lots going on right now so it mostly would depend on when you are doing this.
    I am sorry you have to do this as it takes a lot of care and work to maintain that many roses and now you have to downsize.
    Lynn

• tsmith2579
    16 years ago

Patricia43, I'm so sorry to hear the bad news you must cut back. The good news is you're about to meet Lynn. She is a real sweety and a great lady. I hope y'all can work some garden magic together. BTW, check out the Alabama Exchange section and y'all come join us the plant swap Sept. 22 at Oak Mtn State Park. - Terry

• patricianat
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you, Terry.

Lynn, the roses are yours for the taking. If you choose to e-mail me (I am in Prattville), I can tell you where I live and let you know when we will be taking them up. We are not ready this moment but I am hoping to give some of them to good homes. We have thousands upon thousands of dollars invested in roses, the soil and their care and it seems a shame just to plow them under when others could use them.

We will probably be relocating to the Birmingham area to be near our children. Life does have a way of letting one know when it is time to move on and with the bulk of our family being in Birmingham and the aging process setting in, it is time to plan for a simpler garden. No trade, no money involved. We plan to see our October flush and then take them out or give away. That is a good time to move roses in late October or early November when they are not going to be shocked secondary to heat. Some of the roses are hard to come by.

• pfllh
    16 years ago

Sent you an email. I'm afraid Terry is going to get in trouble as far as a description of me as I'm feisty at times and as far as a sweety ---- well sometimes !!! :O) I do appreciate his comment though as he has shared some NICE plants with me.
    Lynn

• susuflowers
    16 years ago

I am with the Central Alabama Master Gardeners and we would be interested in helping you with your unfortunate problem either removing the plants or taking cuttings.
    Some of us would plant the flowers in our gardens so the cuttings could be used for future plants in our plant sales. We would also use the plants in some of our planting projects in public areas.

October is a good time to take cuttings. The later the better is the best time to transplant mature rose shrubs.

We meet at the Elmore County Extension Center and you can leave a message there when you are ready to work on your project. 334-567-6301

• mokey
    16 years ago

I sent you an email. let me know if you got it. email me back with dates and such.

• nurseplant
    16 years ago

I live in Mobile, but my daughter lives in Prattville. I would be very interested in your roses. I have started making rose garden around a newly installed lamp post in my front yard. Please let me know when you will be doing this and I will plan to be at my daughter's house. Thank you so very much.

Charlotte

• pfllh
    16 years ago

Pat, I had posted about the roses and then we corresponded by email. You last said you would let me know when they could be dug up. I hadn't heard from you so sent another email with no response.
    Did you give all the roses to the master gardeners or possibly changed your mind and keeping them?
    Please let me know.
    Lynn

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting