Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lsmcw

Food for October 1 Trade

lsmcw
12 years ago

OK - think about what you want to bring for lunch and post here so we don't end up with 20 bowls of potato salad.

I'll bring baked spaghetti.

Comments (14)

• ourhighlandhome
    12 years ago

Linda,

You're making me hungry, already! Spaghetti is good, but when it's baked it's better!

As in past years, I'll bring large dinner plates, dessert plates, cups, cutlery, napkins and 'Wet Ones' - you can't be too clean ;-)

Nelson

• Peggy Bishop_McVay
    12 years ago

I will bring a couple of roasted chickens. One lemon pepper and the other herbs and stuff.

I need some lunch!

• catbird
    12 years ago

Yum. Sounds like we need at least one salad. I'll bring carrot/raisin salad.

• browneyedsusan_gw
    12 years ago

I will bring a made-from-scratch chocolate cake.

Susan.

• tedevore
    12 years ago

I'll bring some "mexican" cornbread. There's very few things I know how to make :-)

• mws366
    12 years ago

Sandra and i will bring a bowl of her famous chicken salad and crackers.

wayne

• birdlady_10
    12 years ago

I'll bring the drinks & ice.Any requests? Jan

• madabouteu
    12 years ago

I can make green tomato bread, like zucchini bread but it uses green tomatoes. Interested?

• catbird
    12 years ago

Kenneth: Green tomato bread sounds interesting as well as good. Will look forward to it.

• ourhighlandhome
    12 years ago

I'm with catbird, and a bread-lover in general. Bring it on! And Todd, Mexican cornbread is one of my favorites!

Nelson

• ourhighlandhome
    12 years ago

Hi all,

As I mentioned on an earlier post, Jan will be unable to attend the fall swap due to an undisclosed illness. She is currently residing at Trinity Hospital in Birmingham, for those of you who would like to contact her.

She sends her regrets to those with which she has made trades, but looks forward to resuming them in the Spring of 2012.

She always provided us with generous coolers of soft drinks, water and ice. If anyone is undecided as to what to contribute to our swap this fall, this is an area of great need now.

Thanks a bunch!

Nelson

• mws366
    12 years ago

I'll bring tea, water, soft drinks and ice.

Wayne

• catbird
    12 years ago

Sorry to learn that Jan's sick. It won't be the same without her. Tell her we'll miss her.

• ourhighlandhome
    12 years ago

So here's that I've been able to gather:

Baked Spaghetti (Linda)
    Two Roasted Chickens (Little Helper)
    Carrot/Raisin Salad (Alice)
    Chocolate Cake (Susan)
    Mexican Cornbread (Todd)
    Chicken Salad & Crackers (Wayne)
    Green tomato cornbread (Kenneth)
    Soft drinks, tea, water & ice (Wayne)
    I'm bringing large platters, dessert plates, large cups, napkins and "Wet Ones" (I'm a clean freak!).
    Hmmm...are there any areas of deficiency, besides a green, garden salad, maybe another type of meat? Ya'll let me know....I'll try to "drum them up".

I'll bring nametags that we can fill out on the spot.
    We're gonna have dang-near perfect weather - we might as well have a dang-near perfect time. Don't want anyone to go home hungry and/or disappointed. I'm bringing extra plants just in case. ;-D

It would be nice if everyone who can would bring a small, inexpensive little "gift" and/or card for Jan. The odds are stacked against her survival. More about that at the swap.

I'll see yall soon. Please take care....

Nelson

Sponsored