Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Jan - Birdlady10

Posted by pfllh 8Al (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 4, 08 at 23:25

Jan has been sick and today was put in the hospital. Please be thinking of our dear friend and say a prayer for her.
She's a tough lady and fighting that infection but her white count went way up and the doctor popped her hiney in the hospital. They have her on IV's and hopefully that will take care of it.
I'll try to keep you posted or Nelson may have better info as he lives closer.
Thank you for your thought and prayers for Jan.
Lynn

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Jan - Birdlady10

She's on my prayer list. Please keep us posted.

o

• Posted by nelson 7b in Alabama (My Page) on
    Wed, Aug 6, 08 at 0:48

I visited Jan today, and discovered that there ain't no such thing as a "virus" that can take away a woman's voice, least not for very long! LOL!

Jan has an infection that didn't respond well to oral medication, thus her being hospitalized and placed on intravenous antibiotics. Hopefully she'll be all well soon and can return to her menagerie of plants & animals (as well as one loving mother-in-law whose world revolves around her).

She looks good and very well-rested, feels fine, and is in good spirits. Along with your thoughts & prayers she's requesting cheeseburgers, fries and a shake, which the nurses busted me for within minutes of entering her room.

If anything changes I'll keep ya'll posted, otherwise I hope she'll be home by this weekend....

o

Jan's home. Has her oxygen and went to bed. Bet she threatened them since they wouldn't let er have the shake Nelson brought her!!!
Hope she's on the mend now.
Lynn

o

Hope Jan gets well soon. Know her mother-in-law needs her and worries about her. Get well soon Jan!
Jill

o

keep us posted!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here