Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pfllh

Mini Swap in October

pfllh
15 years ago

I've been talking to Jan about not getting to come to the swap. I need to get the plants to the people I was to bring to the swap.

Jan suggested we have a mini swap at her place in Oct. like Todd had suggested.

Would anyone be interested in that? What would be a good Saturday for eveyone? I know it's short notice but I'm still fighting this mess. Today I'm typing with one eye as I'm seeing double. Jan teased me about taking 2 trashcans to the road with the way I'm seeing double! It was a mess trying to get the gate latch open! :O)

Tell me what you think so can get it all set up.

Thanks

Lynn

Comments (9)

• tsmith2579
    15 years ago

Hey, girl. I hope you are feeling better. I'm planning to re-model and re-glaze the greenhouse before the middle of October (frost time) so my weekends will be full. I'm going to put together a box of stuff, including your Alocasia lauderbachia, to mail to you and Michelle. The alocasia lauderbachia really looks good and green. I gave away all the stuff I had set aside for Michelle but I have plenty so I'll pull it out of pots. I'm going to send her fresh brug cuttings. Heaven knows the pots need to be thinned and it is only a month until they have to be put in the greenhouse. Get well soon and tell Phil, Hello.

• lsmcw
    15 years ago

I would love to but my weekends in October are booked. However if anyone from the Bham area is going, can I send Lynn's plant to her by you? Linda

• pfllh
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hey Terry. I talked to Michelle and Christopher has football games every saturday in Oct. However, his game is at 8 on the 11th and Alabama is not playing, don't know about Auburn. I'm out of the football loop. His game is only an hour and we can go straight from there.
    I have a surprise for you and will get it to you somehow. So leave a space in the greenhouse. I also need to pay you for the Alocasia.
    Lynn

• birdlady_10
    15 years ago

Lynn; Even if no one else comes we'll kidnap Nelson.I know a GREAT Mexican restaurant too :O).If you or Michele or anyone else wants I have plenty of white butterfly giner,Navaho thornless blackberry,some largish bananas & a few other things I couldn't get in the van fo the Sept swap.Lynn knows how packed my yard (and potting area) are! LOL.Can't wait to see you & Michele. Love Ya Jan

• madabouteu
    15 years ago

Lynn, that double vision has me concerned. It was the first symptom I had when I started having strokes! Any vertigo, numbness or weakness of the limbs or face? Contact me off the forum if so.

Kenneth

• idig
    15 years ago

I have a salvia coccinea 'Coral Nymph' for you. If you decide on the weekend of the 4th or 11th I can bring it (where is Jan's house anyway?) or I can send it if someone else from Hoover or B'ham is going. Shana

• pfllh
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Jan lives just outside of Talledega. She'd have to give you directions as I just go place to place and don't look at hiway numbers. Tht's why I tend to get lost sometimes!
    I take the route through Wetumpka and head north.
    Would be nice to meet you.
    Lynn

• birdlady_10
    15 years ago

Shana; I live about 4 miles from the Talladega Superspeedway.That's why Oct 3rd is a NO NO! The NASCAR races are that weekend & we hibernate.LOL Dealing with 200-250 thousand rabid race fans is something I don't do.The 11th is best.For all who might come off I-20 take exit 173-turn south onto Speedway Blvd.Take the second left-Talladega Cty Rd 005.Go about 5 miles.There will be Cracked Pots Garden Center on left(my brothers).Turn left on Cedar Springs Rd right on the other side.I'm the 3rd driveway on left-1568.
    If coming from Hiway 21 Talladega go north on 21.There willbe a Bill Stanford Chevoret dealer,Mitchell Construction & a mini storage.Turn onto Talladega CTY Rd 05(somehow they lost the extra 0-lol)-go 4.5 miles & turn on Cedar Springs before you pass Cracked Pots.
    Now that I've totally confused everyone I do hope some of you can make it.If these fish don't stop messing up the pond I just might send a 4 four footer home with one of you! I am NOT digging another pond! Jan

• illiana
    15 years ago

I will be there and bringing the things I had for both of you and I look forward to meeting you both. I hope to be bringing a friend but Dewayne and I will be there for certain.
    Chris

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida