Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jbranch_gw

Successful swap

jbranch
15 years ago

Just got home from the swap and wanted to send thanks to everyone there. I got several sought after plants (three hydrangeas including my first oakleaf and three hosta including a Blue Cadet and two seedlings). Thanks to all involved in organizing the sway  this was my first one to attend and I will be spreading the word to my family and friends to be there next time. You all were so nice and I enjoyed meeting you all, and sorry I did not make lunch. A few photos are below...

Jeff

{{gwi:367369}}

{{gwi:367370}}

My haul

{{gwi:367371}}

Comments (11)

• loveofmylife680
    15 years ago

Jeff, Glad you made it.Hope you enjoy the Nikko Blue hydrangea. Thanks for the hosta's. It was a good swap for fall, the spring swap seems to have more folks so make sure you do not miss it. Oh what are the names of the hosta's I received from you?
    Jill

• jbranch
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Jill - The darker, smaller one is Patriot and the bigger one is Undulata Mediovarigata. It was good to meet you.

• madabouteu
    15 years ago

This was my first swap, and was it ever nice! I came home with plants I wanted (and a jar of muscadine jelly!) and I hope that people like the plants they got from me. It's my plan to see y'all again in the spring.

Lordy, the AC at the Fish Market felt good!

• daffodillady
    15 years ago

I loved seeing y'all old timers again....and meeting our new friends. It was wonderfully fun, as usual!! Thanks to all for providing homes for all my "babies". Hugs and blessings, Beth

• loveofmylife680
    15 years ago

Forgot to say thanks to all for the back breaking work I have to do now! Just kidding it is a labor of love plus I have a young strong man to help me.[Tony] Cant wait for spring now to see everything planted. Now if I can figure out how to get you folks at my house to finish the greenhouse. Susan I will be getting my husband Jeff to send you the info on Disney World and Alice don't forget to send me that info. Enjoyed talking to you also. I hope to have Daylilies to share in the spring with everyone.
    Jill

• jbranch
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Madabouteu - I had to miss lunch because my daughter's 18th birthday is coming up and my wife and I needed to shop for her gift. Another reason was I was sweating like a dog! Terry's wife had the right idea of sitting in the shade, but in the sun, it was just muggy and hot.

• browneyedsusan_gw
    15 years ago

It was a great swap. I enjoyed meeting lots of nice new folk as well as old friends. Thanks for your generosity. Gardeners are wonderful people!
    Susan.

• catbird
    15 years ago

We seem to have a lot of threads going about the swap. I had posted this on another thread, but this seems to be the busiest one, so I'll copy it here, too:

Terry: Thanks to you and the others who did the preliminary work arranging things. Kenneth (madaboutu) and I came from Gadsden and will spread the word here. He's going to do a writeup for the Etowah County Master Gardeners publication and we'll talk about it at the meetings next Spring, so maybe some more newbies will join us in the Spring. See you then!
    Alice

• cheaha39
    15 years ago

I enjoyed meeting such a nice group of friendly gardeners. Last night's rain had all the plants, I traded for, awake and happy this morning. I hope all who traded for my jams/jellies and pepper sauce enjoy them...Marguerite

• daffodillady
    15 years ago

Marguerite, I practically had to beat my husband off when I showed him the jar of blueberry jelly!! We've been married 11 years and I've never seen him eat jelly- turns out that blueberry is his one and only exception. Thanks for an extra special treat!!

• roseyp8255
    15 years ago

Looks like ya'll did have fun - I hate I missed it but i will see ya'll in the spring hopefully....planning to SOON get everything in the ground from the spring 2008 swap lol - it is in the shade surviving well. :) I try not to plant until November anyway.

I went to a class Sat morning that they held at the local extension - conducted by the MGs. Told them about Gardenweb & our swaps - hopng to get us more plant people on here!

Sponsored