Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tweetypye

WANTED: Enjoyed it guys!!!!

tweetypye
18 years ago

Hi, to all of you who came to the "plant swap" today. Just wanted to say "It was nice meeting you all, and thanks for the great plants." Rosie and I will see you in the spring!

Jan W.

Comments (5)

• roseyp8255
    18 years ago

I second that. We really enjoyed it - and love all of the plants, thanks again. Hope you do too! Looking forward to next time!

For those of you who couldn't make it, we missed you - and hope to see you next time if not sooner.

Rosemary

• applepatch
    18 years ago

This was my first but not my last swap.You guys rock.I ENJOYED MEETING EVERYONE AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL THE NICE PLANTS.I will be better prepared next time. I now know what each person looks like and who you are.The food was wonderful and everyone was so nice.THANK YOU SO MUCH,Paulette

• loveofmylife680
    18 years ago

I enjoyed meeting everyone and love all my plants I got from everyone. Will be looking forward to the spring swap.

Jill

• michelle11
    18 years ago

Thanks for a wonderful time everyone! It was lots of fun trading and getting to talk to you all in between running after kids!
    BTW, can you post the mississippi mud cake recipe? That was great!
    Michelle

• Jackie McCarty
    18 years ago

I'm glad y'all liked the cake. Here's the recipe:

CAKE:
    2 sticks butter
    1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa
    2 c. sugar
    4 large eggs, lightly beaten
    1 1/2 c. flour
    1 tsp. baking powder
    1 1/2 c. chopped pecans
    1 tsp. vanilla extract
    pinch of salt

FROSTING:
    1 16 oz box of confectioners/powdered sugar, sifted
    (this no longer comes in a box, as I found out when I went to walmart to buy some for this recipe...so 16 oz.)
    1/2 c. milk
    1/3 c. unsweetened cocoa
    4 tbsp. (1/2 stick) butter, softened to room temp.

preheat oven to 350. (i set mine to 300 because my oven seals very tightly.) butter a 10 x 8 pan. in large saucepan, melt butter and cocoa together over low heat. take off the heat and stir in sugar and eggs. mix well.
    bake for 35-45 minutes. let cool before frosting (duh)

FROSTING: mix all ingredients together.
    (sounds simple enough...)

**NOTE: i used a tablespoon of baking powder instead of a teaspoon because i read the recipe wrong. my cake that i brought to oak mnt. saturday only cooked for 20-25 minutes. that is the first time i've ever made it. beware of the baking time; im not sure if its acccurate or not. and this tastes more like brownie than cake, doesn't it???

Jackie

{{gwi:355525}}

Sponsored
Industry Leading Swimming Pool Builders in Licking County, OH