Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
katiezmommy_gw

Advice for groundcover on sunny, sandy hillside

katiezmommy
11 years ago

Hello everyone. This is my first time posting here, although I've been lurking for a little while now. We are purchasing 9 acres of land in Dale County, and will be doing some landscaping soon. My experience in landscaping is limited to having spread some bermuda seeds at our current home. As such, I'm at a loss as to where to begin. At the moment, the 9 acres are mostly cleared, with about an acre or 2 of heavy woods in the back. Eventually we'd like to have several gardens of flowers, vegetables, fruits and herbs. At the moment, however, we are trying to decide what we will do with the down slope on the corner of the house. We need to plant something to prevent erosion, but I'd like to plant something that won't require a great deal of maintenance and will be attractive year round. The soil is sandy with full sun. I'm thinking something with a path through it, as there's a nice open area at the bottom that would be a great spot for a future koi pond and sitting area. I also don't want anything that is highly invasive, because we plan on having several garden areas eventually. Thanks for any help or suggestions you may have.

Comments (2)

Sponsored