Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mws366

todays swap

mws366
15 years ago

i always enjoy the plant swaps. this was one of the best. it's not just trading for exceptional

plants,although i like that, it's getting together with like minded gardeners that makes my day. thanks to everyone !

i will send a thank you email to aldridge gardens.

wayne

Comments (12)

• alex_7b
    15 years ago

Good for all who participated.

• joebob
    15 years ago

hello all--- brand new to the garden web and have read about your swaps -- sounds like a great way to meet other greenthumbers and share ideas---how can i be notified of upcoming swaps ??? even though its cold here today i can't wait to get home and do some diggin'--great site -thx

• ourhighlandhome
    15 years ago

Hi joebob!

Welcome to the Alabama Forum! Glad to have you, and looking forward to meeting you at the spring swap. Just keep watching the board - someone will "break the ice" and post a query around late winter/early spring. We usually meet in early May, and again in early September. You'll feel immediately at home and meet friends for life - believe me!

If you're close to where I live (Vincent)and would like some bananas and elephant ears before they freeze, please feel free to contact me and take them off my hands! (That offer goes out to anyone.)

Nelson

• joebob
    15 years ago

nelson--- thx for the warm welcome ---nice to have it on a 30 degree morning ---thx for the offer on the bannans and e-ears but will pass this time ---look forward to meeting all at the next swap---JE

• tsmith2579
    15 years ago

Joebob, welcome to the Alabama Forum. We had a large crowd and great participation at the September swap. I hope you can join us next spring. We usually begin to talk about the Spring swap in April here on the forum. We will talk about when, where and then about lunch. I hope you will join us.

Terry

• flowergoblin
    15 years ago

I am a newbie and new to garden web. Glad to hear you do swapping! Sounds great and interesting! I have hostas, daylilies, lantana, (crocus & alliums-just planted) and others but don't remember their names right now. I hope I will be able to participate in the swap. I live in Phenix City 15 mins. from Ft. Benning, GA. Anyone out there close to me?

• idig
    15 years ago

I am not close to you, but wanted to say welcome. Fall was my first swap and everyone was friendly and welcoming. I was floored by the number of plants that people brought to share.

I hear the spring swap is usually in March, so check back.

Shana

• mws366
    Original Author
    15 years ago

WELCOME JOEBOB AND FLOWERGOBLIN.

flowergoblin, i live about 20 min. north of you on lake harding. if you
    ever want to come up and talk gardening, let me know. sandra and i
    like to show our garden.

wayne

• ourhighlandhome
    15 years ago

Wayne,

The words "Sandra and I like to show our garden" are words I've been waiting to hear!

I bet you'd be surprised at the number of people who've shown an interest in visiting y'alls place (Jan, ya hearin' this?!).

If you & Sandra can come up with a good time for hosting this spring or early summer I'd sure love to visit and then drive down to the Smokey Pig in Phenix City for some of their delicious barbeque!

Some other Alabama Forum / Plant Swap folks live in Beauregard, AL and Columbus, GA that might be interested as well.

Just a thought....

Nelson

• pfllh
    15 years ago

I'll even get a new pair of roller skates to get to Wayne's. I love to see how others do their gardens. Gives us ideas for areas we can't decide what to do.
    THEN, there's always the nurseries!!!!
    Lynn

• joebob
    15 years ago

Thx Wayne ---Sounds like ya'll have a beautiful place on the water --- hope to meet everyone at the swap---can anyone use a weedeater brand gas edger ??? havent used it in years--- only used for one summer ---see ya in the spring ---JE

• mws366
    Original Author
    15 years ago

hey nelson---you, jan, lynn and anyone
    else are welcome to visit in the spring
    when everything wakes up. we'll work out a time. i guess all of us are looking forward to spring and it's not even winter yet.

wayne

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus