Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
catbird_gw

Food for Fall '13 Swap

catbird
10 years ago

As Nelson suggested, I guess it is time to start thinking about food. [When ISN'T a good time to think about food?] I'm pretty flexible, as long as it doesn't require a lot of cooking or keeping something hot for a couple of hours of travel time. Does anyone have something in particular they want to have or would like to bring?

Comments (23)

• ginger_s
    10 years ago

Is it finger food or things like hamburgers or casseroles?

• lsmcw
    10 years ago

I'll bring a pot of chili.

• mws366
    10 years ago

I'll bring my famous(in my own mind) pimiento cheese
    plus everything to go with it i.e.---bread, crackers,pickles,
    pot. chips etc.

wayne

• tedevore
    10 years ago

I'll bring mexican corn bread, as its one of the only things I can make good.

• ourhighlandhome
    10 years ago

I can bring hot dogs and/or smoked sausage and charcoal for grilling, if someone else can pitch in on the "fixin's".

(And Tony, I promise to "blacken" your 'dogs!)

• catbird
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I'll bring the fixins for Nelson's hot dogs (buns, mustard, catchup, etc.) plus plates, "sliverware", cups, and napkins. How many buns will we need, Nelson?

• ginger_s
    10 years ago

I'll bring something sweet, and diabetic friendly.

• plantman71
    10 years ago

I will bring sweet and unsweet tea. I will also bring a box of crackers and some potato salad.

• ourhighlandhome
    10 years ago

What 'cha think, catbird....30 'dogs? I'll grill some smoked sausage as well, maybe two packages. But 30 'dogs/buns should be sufficient.

Plus, Linda's bringing her chili, which I remember as delicious, so we can have chili dogs if we want to, in addition to what everybody else is bringing.

• catbird
    Original Author
    10 years ago

30 hot dog buns, coming up.

• browneyedsusan_gw
    10 years ago

I'll bring a dessert.
    Susan

• LeilaBelcher
    10 years ago

Marinated slaw.

• LeilaBelcher
    10 years ago

Oh. Also in addition to the slaw if nobody signs up to bring baked beans I have a sinful recipe involving Bacon that I got from the Pioneer Woman that I would be more than happy to bring as well. I love to cook!!

• ourhighlandhome
    10 years ago

Bring the sinfully delicious baked beans. Confession is available that evening ;-D

• ourhighlandhome
    10 years ago

Bring the sinfully delicious baked beans. Confession is available that evening ;-D

This post was edited by nelson on Mon, Sep 16, 13 at 22:38

• madabouteu
    10 years ago

Green tomato bread.

• Peggy Bishop_McVay
    10 years ago

I will bring Ice , cookies, sweets, and whatever else looks good when I get to loading the car.

• tempskya
    10 years ago

I'm new to this. If someone sees something that's being overlooked, I'll bring it, or maybe a few kinds of chips.

• ourhighlandhome
    10 years ago

Anyone want to volunteer to bring chopped onions and bell peppers to grill with the hotdogs & smoked sausage? Oh!...and a bottle of hot sauce?? Texas Pete, etc.?

Also, I have found it helpful to bring a small cooler filled with ice in case we have left-overs that need to be divided and taken home.

Just random, fleeting thoughts....the only kind I have ;-D

• tempskya
    10 years ago

I'll be those, Nelson. Thanks for the recommendation.

• lsmcw
    10 years ago

I'll bring a jar of homemade Vidalia Onion Relish for the dogs, along with the chili. We're going to need bowls in order to eat these dogs!

• Layne88
    10 years ago

I will bring ice, bottled water, diet cokes, banana bread, and whatever I think of before I hit grocery store. If anyone thinks of something missing, wants before morning let me know. I'm not a great cook.

• ourhighlandhome
    10 years ago

Layne,

I was just thinkin' 'bout ice & bottled water. That seems to be the beverage of choice for most folks. Especially on a day like tomorrow - sunny and 89 degrees!

I may have to rent a canoe after all...

Thanks for the pitch in!

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor