Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Food for Fall '13 Swap

Posted by catbird z7 AL (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 2, 13 at 23:21

As Nelson suggested, I guess it is time to start thinking about food. [When ISN'T a good time to think about food?] I'm pretty flexible, as long as it doesn't require a lot of cooking or keeping something hot for a couple of hours of travel time. Does anyone have something in particular they want to have or would like to bring?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Food for Fall '13 Swap

Is it finger food or things like hamburgers or casseroles?

o

I'll bring a pot of chili.

o

I'll bring my famous(in my own mind) pimiento cheese
plus everything to go with it i.e.---bread, crackers,pickles,
pot. chips etc.

wayne

o

I'll bring mexican corn bread, as its one of the only things I can make good.

o

• Posted by nelson 8 in Alabama (My Page) on
    Tue, Sep 10, 13 at 23:00

I can bring hot dogs and/or smoked sausage and charcoal for grilling, if someone else can pitch in on the "fixin's".

(And Tony, I promise to "blacken" your 'dogs!)

o

I'll bring the fixins for Nelson's hot dogs (buns, mustard, catchup, etc.) plus plates, "sliverware", cups, and napkins. How many buns will we need, Nelson?

o

I'll bring something sweet, and diabetic friendly.

o

I will bring sweet and unsweet tea. I will also bring a box of crackers and some potato salad.

o

Wed, Sep 11, 13 at 23:29

What 'cha think, catbird....30 'dogs? I'll grill some smoked sausage as well, maybe two packages. But 30 'dogs/buns should be sufficient.

Plus, Linda's bringing her chili, which I remember as delicious, so we can have chili dogs if we want to, in addition to what everybody else is bringing.

o

30 hot dog buns, coming up.

o

I'll bring a dessert.
Susan

o

Marinated slaw.

o

Oh. Also in addition to the slaw if nobody signs up to bring baked beans I have a sinful recipe involving Bacon that I got from the Pioneer Woman that I would be more than happy to bring as well. I love to cook!!

o

Mon, Sep 16, 13 at 22:25

Bring the sinfully delicious baked beans. Confession is available that evening ;-D

o

Mon, Sep 16, 13 at 22:28

Bring the sinfully delicious baked beans. Confession is available that evening ;-D

This post was edited by nelson on Mon, Sep 16, 13 at 22:38

o

Green tomato bread.

o

I will bring Ice , cookies, sweets, and whatever else looks good when I get to loading the car.

o

I'm new to this. If someone sees something that's being overlooked, I'll bring it, or maybe a few kinds of chips.

o

Tue, Oct 1, 13 at 21:40

Anyone want to volunteer to bring chopped onions and bell peppers to grill with the hotdogs & smoked sausage? Oh!...and a bottle of hot sauce?? Texas Pete, etc.?

Also, I have found it helpful to bring a small cooler filled with ice in case we have left-overs that need to be divided and taken home.

Just random, fleeting thoughts....the only kind I have ;-D

o

I'll be those, Nelson. Thanks for the recommendation.

o

I'll bring a jar of homemade Vidalia Onion Relish for the dogs, along with the chili. We're going to need bowls in order to eat these dogs!

o

I will bring ice, bottled water, diet cokes, banana bread, and whatever I think of before I hit grocery store. If anyone thinks of something missing, wants before morning let me know. I'm not a great cook.

o

Sat, Oct 5, 13 at 0:19

Layne,

I was just thinkin' 'bout ice & bottled water. That seems to be the beverage of choice for most folks. Especially on a day like tomorrow - sunny and 89 degrees!

I may have to rent a canoe after all...

Thanks for the pitch in!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here