Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lsmcw

Swap yesterday

lsmcw
12 years ago

Had a great time at Oak Mtn yesterday. Got some great plants, learned some stuff from Kenneth, visited old friends, made new ones, had an excellent lunch, and just had a fun time.

Comments (12)

• Peggy Bishop_McVay
    12 years ago

I had an awsome time with everyone. I, for the first time in a while, am updating my list and getting ready to grow some new things for spring. Thank you all for sharing you time and knowledge with is yeasterday.

• ourhighlandhome
    12 years ago

Like Linda said, it's always a pleasure seeing old friends and new. It's like a family reunion, only better...it's not family ;-D

Thanks to everyone for all the "goodies", lots of them unexpected.

I look forward to seeing ya'll in spring. I know Jan does, too!

• katluvr
    12 years ago

Hello everyone, I (we) really enjoyed the swap, it was our first time, and every one was so nice and friendly and helpful. Love all my new plants cant wait to get them all put out.
    Much thanks to Peggy for taking the time to lead us to that great nursery, had a real good time there.
    Thank you again to all for making me feel welcome. Ronda

• rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
    12 years ago

Well, I SURE as heck hope that someone took pictures! Those of who couldn't attend would like to experience the swap vicariously.

• browneyedsusan_gw
    12 years ago

It was lovely to see old friends again and to make new ones. Thanks to everyone for the lovely plants and delicious food.

Thanks for coming to the swap, Sylvia, Robin and daughter. Terry was a dear friend and a truly great person and we will always miss him.
    Susan

• madabouteu
    12 years ago

What a great time I had! I missed absent friends, though. The side trip to Collier's was a nice diversion - I wish I had more room and lots more money! Ronda, I'm glad you had a great time and I know we all hope to see you again in the spring!

• mws366
    12 years ago

sandra and i enjoyed visiting with everyone. as nelson said
    it is like family, only better. when the plants mature and
    "show out", we get to enjoy the blooms and leaves and the good memories of gardening friends.

wayne

• Peggy Bishop_McVay
    12 years ago

Mental note for the spring swap... Bring and use Camera!!!

Anyone want to remind me to remember this mental note?

I will try for Spring but none from this past swap as I recall. Sorry...

• catbird
    12 years ago

I didn't get pictures in my camera, but I surely have wonderful ones in my memory. Good friends, interesting plants, delicious food, lots of fun. Can't wait till Spring! Alice

• ourhighlandhome
    12 years ago

I had my new "intelligent" phone, which I fully intended to make pictures with. Unfortunately I had the same "un-intelligent" brain, which forgot to remind me.

Peggy, this spring, let's "snap" ;-D

• Peggy Bishop_McVay
    12 years ago

I will have batteries charged ( in both myself and my camera ) and possibly have one of my girls with me to do the snapping. I will forget as usual. I can bring it but I get distracted with all of the plants. what can I say...

Nelson... possibly between the two of us we can make it happen. ;-)

• browneyedsusan_gw
    12 years ago

Ronda, I hope you will come back and see us in the spring. I enjoyed meeting you. Thanks for the begonias. I can only remember the name of one-Sinbad. What are names of the other two? One has glossy, narrow leaves and red flowers. The other has wide leaves with fine white spots and pale pink flowers. I am keeping them on my kitchen island and they have lost their flowers. How do I care for them? Do I need to re-pot them?
    Thanks, Susan.

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?