Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
cracked water fountain

Posted by Daphne35 zone 7 AL (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 30, 05 at 14:56

The very deep bowl of my water fountain has a crack in the side. For the past two years this has not presented a problem, however, I filled it yesterday and this morning the bowl was completely dry. Short of a thirsty coyote (yes we do have them on Shades Mountain) or several dogs, drinking it dry, it must be the crack!! Question--what can I seal it with that will take care of the problem without harming wildlife or neighbors animals?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: cracked water fountain

• Posted by Josh z8a AL (My Page) on
    Wed, Nov 2, 05 at 0:21

Daphne, I know there are nontoxic sealants used for leak repair in fishponds...maybe an inquiry over on the Ponds Forum will be your best bet for a good recommendation. I've used a clear non-toxic aquarium sealant on an indoor item, but you'll need something to withstand heat/cold outside. josh

Here is a link that might be useful: Pond Forum

o

I had a concrete gargoyle that had both wings broken off, one in several pieces. Got some crack repair mix (I think it was vinyl reinfourced concrete mix in a small plastic can) at home depot and glued it back together thinking it would never hold. Been 4 years...

o

Call Aquatic Gardens on Hwy 280 in Greystone area or Birmingham @ 205-995-9466. That is the business they are in - water gardens and fountains.

o

Try veritex patch. This is the coolest stuff. I have some and am repairing all sorts of things around my house with it. It's better than duct tape. The adhesive actually gets stronger as the weather is cooler. So it should work for your leak in the bowl. hmmm, Your surface would have to be smooth though.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here