Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wonderful Swap - Jan, Thanks for Having Us!

Posted by tsmith2579 7B (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 3, 09 at 16:45

Jan, thanks for inviting us and for hosting the swap. It was a huge success and I had a wonderful time seeing old friends and making a few new ones. THANKS, you ROCK!

It was a great turnout. I counted 25 at lunch and several could not join us. This is becoming quite the gardeners' event. Well, off the yard to plants. Thanks everyone for your trades. I'll see you in the spring.

Terry

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wonderful Swap - Jan, Thanks for Having Us!

Thank you Jan for having all of us and to everyone else... thank you so very much for making my Great Aunt so welcome! She had a wonderful time... talked all the way to Trussville about how nice everyone was and how sweet everyone was.

She is already planning on what to root and bring to the swap in the spring. It's been an awesome day and I am grateful to you all. Have a wonderful Fall and winter and I look forward to the Spring.
Peggy

o

Those of us who had not been to see it loved your garden Jan!
And that was the best shrimp i've ever had myself at lunch.

Really a wonderful day!

Todd

o

Thanks again Jan, your garden is truly amazing! I just love your mom, she is the most beautiful flower in your garden... This was my first swap, I had a great time and met the nicest people ever. After setting out my plants this afternoon, it was not hard to come up with my screen name because now --- my bend over is tore up... I look forward to many more swaps and now I know what to expect...Also, a special thanks to littlehelper and her Classy Great Aunt... daffodillady and her friend...the jelly,pear,and pepper lady that I want to call Margaritta for some reason...Ya'll were awesome. Thanks again Everyone ...Donna Holland :)

o

Jan and Rosemary,
Thanks for hosting the swap. You have a beautiful garden. I was glad to see so many new people. It was a lovely day! Thanks to all who traded with me.

Susan.

o

thanks to all you alabama gardeners for the trades.

thank you jan. you inspire us.

wayne

o

Jan: Thanks for the hospitality shown when I visited your fabulous garden Saturday. It was nice to meet you and the other gardeners from Alabama and surrounding areas. Reading a post on the Alabama Gardening Forum means more as I can now put a face with many of the screen names. All of the swaps are greatly appreciated.

Claude

o

• Posted by nelson 7b in Alabama (My Page) on
    Sun, Oct 4, 09 at 12:53

"Thanks!", Jan & Rosemary, for your hospitality, and to everyone for the great trades. I wish I'd had more time to meet all the new folks, but hopefully we can become acquainted in the spring.

Nelson :-)

o

Jan,

Thank you so much for hosting the swap and making everyone feel right at home. I had a great time and can not wait till the spring. I spent most of today arranging and planting all the goodies I got. Thanks to all those who I traded with and all the extras. I fell blessed to have friends like you.

Michelle

o

It was a joy to see old friends and a pleasure to meet new ones. Enjoyed going around to Cracked Pots as well. Days like that are a jewel in my memory. Jan, your place was treat to visit...how exciting to see the plants, ponds and puppies. The catfish was very good. Never enough time at these swaps to visit with everybody is my only complaint- LOL!!

o

Daffodillady (BETH) has made a good point about time to visit. Maybe we should consider starting later, eating lunch first and then swapping plants. We can visit at lunch, visit more at the swap and after the swap we won't be so hungry we rush off for lunch. Just something to think about.

o

Ditto - what everyone has already said. What a wonderful day! Jan, you are the best for inviting us all to your home. I'm already thinking about what I can propagate for the spring swap. Linda

o

It was such a pleasure to meet everyone. Thanks for making me feel so welcome at my first swap and for all the extra plants! And a huge thanks to Jan for having all of us over - your gardens are beautiful!

o

Add my dittos, too. It was great, Jan. I'd hate to have to get ready for 30 people to come to my yard! Yours is wonderful. Tell your brother thanks, too. We enjoyed visiting the Cracked Pot, too.

I'm looking forward to seeing irisaddict/Evelyn again at the Middle TN swap in a couple of weeks. I'll report back about that when I get home.

Alice

o

I'm a tad late getting my comments up, but sure enjoyed seeing Jan's gardens as well as everyone at the swap. Having now been to 2 swaps, I feel like an old-timer in the group -- good friends, good conversations, and great swaps. OH - and a great lunch,my hubby Clark enjoyed the catfish and meeting everyone. Thanks to all who gave their "extras" too. Now would like it to dry out just a little bit so I can get out to plant! See everyone in the Spring, have a good safe blessed remainder of 2009.
Dana

o

JAN, Finally got a-round-tuit.....a computer...and I too can thank you here on the web.....it was a truly WoNdErFuL day back in 2009....you made me feel so very welcomed. When I ran across this >tribute< to you......"a jewel in my memory" as daffodillady wrote. Each and everyone that was there - were there because of an amazing flower...YOU!!! thanks, joseph .........God, I love this computer -deliver the message for me please

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here