Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jbranch_gw

End of a great season

jbranch
15 years ago

I have had the most wonderful afternoon in the yard. I dug up a hydrangea that was in too much shade. It was growing in a strange manner and I feel the lack of sunlight was the problem. When I dug it up, I realized it was really two plants! So, I was able to plant two hydrangeas in new places.

Over the last two weeks, I have moved about 15 hosta. I have many that were crowding each other. Today, I dug up my last hosta. It is H. Royal Standard. This is a very rapid grower and after getting it last year, I was able to divide it into three separate hostas. I moved it because it was located in an area that I have been having some problems with Southern Blight. Two of these three may make good trades next year.

Then, I divided two small hostas. These are H. Stiletto and H. Pee Dee Gold Flash. I potted these.

As of today, I counted 71 hostas in 54 varieties, 13 hydrangeas in seven varieties, and 3 ferns all one variety.

Ferns is what I will be concentrating on next year.

I do have two hostas that are planted a little too deep in the ground, and I want to dig them up and place them a little higher. These are H. August Moon and H. Fortunei Aureomarginata. Will do that one evening this week and I will be finished for the year.

Can't wait for next season!

Comments (4)

Sponsored