Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Free For Postage or Pick-up- No Exchange

Posted by tsmith2579 Z7B/8A-Alabama (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 16, 07 at 21:09

I have 4 large alocasis macrorrhiza cuttings if you want them. These are 2-3 inch stem cuttings about 3-4 ft long. I trimmed them back for winter. Yes, these will root very easily and you will have a mature plant next summer. They all have one leaf left on the stem. If I mail them for postage I will remove the leaf but leave the green stem with the next leaf bud in it. I'll put them in a long triangle priority mail box. I'll mail them and you can refund postage. Get back to me before 10/19/07. I don't have room in the greenhouse for these. - Terry

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Free For Postage or Pick-up- No Exchange

Terry, Will these live outside year round?
Jill

o

Yes, they will live outdoors. This first winter they will need to be indoors while rooting but next April you can transplant outside. I have one outside the greenhouse which I trim back ech Fall and cover with a large garbage can filled with leaves for protection from the cold. Every few years I cut it back almost to the ground because it gets too large for the garbage can to cover.

o

I will take one Terry, I live in Pinson, would it be easier for you if I pick them up or for you to mail the m?
Jill

o

Jill, no one else has shown interest so all four are yours if you want them. I already have them potted in a 5 gallon bucket so they are good for your basement or sun room for this winter. I am going to Tarrant on Sunday, Oct. 21. If you would like to meet me there to pick up the bucket of EEs we can make arrangements. Let me know. Send me an email - Terry

o

Terry , Thank for the plants, I will be at the sring swap with hopefully a truck load to swap. See you then.
Jill

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here