Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
peggy_bishop_mcvay

Fall Swap

Peggy Bishop_McVay
11 years ago

It was great to see everyone again. I missed those who couldn't make it too as well as those who are no longer with us. I have photos to post of the swap. Nelson you did pick a very good site! Today has been another very good day.

I got plants in the ground and in the house to get home this evening and find it had rained while we were out.

Again thank you everyone!!

LittleHelper

Comments (7)

• browneyedsusan_gw
    11 years ago

It was one of the best swaps ever! The Beaver pavilion location was beautiful and I am starting another thread so that we can decide on a spring swap date now. It is difficult to find a pavilion in the spring-the Bluejay pavilion that I had rented was the only one available and cost nearly twice as much as the Beaver Pavilion. Those of us who attended agreed that it would be good to reserve the Beaver Pavilion now.

Thanks for the great plants and seeds. It was nice to see the regulars again and to meet really nice new people. Moonfire and her husband drove the farthest to attend - from Florala. Thanks Alice and Kenneth for introducing us to your gardening friends. I hope to see all of you again in Spring!
    I will be busy planting today!
    Susan

• madabouteu
    11 years ago

As always, it was so nice to see everyone again and to meet the new people. For me, it was a raging success - I came home with only one of the plants I left with, and NO new ones! But thanks for all the seeds, Moonfire!

Kenneth

• ourhighlandhome
    11 years ago

I was more than a little anxious about changing our location within the park, but relieved to hear everyone's very positive comments. It's a very peaceful place to me, and maybe one reason more folks stayed later and seemed to enjoy themselves more.

Thanks to our new friends from Florala and Gadsden for driving such a distance not knowing what to expect. I hope your expectations were exceeded and that you'll become regulars.

And, thanks to all for their generosity. I look forward to seeing ya'll at the Spring 2013 CAPS!

Nelson

• catbird
    11 years ago

Apparently I left my brain at home Saturday. When I got back, I realized that I had just walked off without even picking up my own serving spoons and leftover salads, let alone helping clean up everything else. My momma raised me better than that! Thanks to those who did do the clean-up, especially Nelson, who I'm sure did a lot of it, and to Sunita, who brought my spoons back to Gadsden. I promise to do better next year.

As far as I can tell, you can upload only one picture per posting, so I'll try adding more posts with a couple more.

• catbird
    11 years ago

Sunita [second from left], a newbie from Gadsden, and long-term swapper BrownEyedSusan were both born in Bombay and had to come to a plant swap half a world away to meet each other.

• rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
    11 years ago

I love that picture; they all look very intense and focused children. Do you know what they were looking at?

• catbird
    11 years ago

They were looking at lots of packets of seeds brought by Nelson, I think. Kenneth brought the leftovers back to plant for our Master Gardener plant sale next spring.

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus