Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I can't believe this is actually all done!

Posted by Nigella 9a-steamy (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 26, 05 at 2:54

Roger has worked like a dog for a couple of weeks during what's supposed to be his "off time" to help me get the greenhouses ready for winter. He has given things a lot of thought and this year I will be able to offer a couple of friends a bit of space if they need it. What a relief not to have so many potted plants in way too cramped a space. I don't think I'll lose many now!

I made this page so I can show off some of the neat stuff he's done, click on the thumbnail to get there:

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I can't believe this is actually all done!

Margaret, amazing, simpley amazing.

How in the world to you keep them all watered. My greenhouse is so full, I have a really hard time getting everything watered and watered 'properly'. I have to drag the water hose in, and usually end up turning over and dumpping out more pots than I get watered.

o

Thanks for the kind words, FernAly. I can pretty much stand on the top floor and aim the hose with a sprayer and get all the ones in the main part of the building. I also walk around with a watering can(ok, not a watering can, an old "Bouncer" pitcher from our nightclub(I miss it!!!!! I'd do that again in a heartbeat!)) and make sure they really all did get water.
I wouldn't consider dragging a hose around in there unless it were a dire situation. All my racks are wire shelves that we found on the side of the road, intended for the landfill, and wired together with artificial grapevines. I'd be afraid of tearing them up.

o

Thats great Margeret.....now those potted children will be safe from old Jack Frost.Next year you may consider a watering system....I set mine up with a battery operated hose end timer(about $25)and a fine sprinkler head.Its works great and is a real time saver.I hope all of you are enjoying a nice holiday season and can put the terrible weather year behind us.Anyone who needs desert roses let me know..I'm still propogating them by the hundreds...Brian

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here