Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
catbird_gw

Update on Kenneth/madabouteu

catbird
9 years ago

Just wanted to let you know that Kenneth is in UAB with complications from his Myesthenia Gravis. He's had lung problems and is scheduled for a heart cath this morning. He lives with his sister here and she doesn't drive that far or in Birmingham, so she's dependent on others to take her down there. I haven't been able to go because of several things, most notably at the moment that my husband is incapacitated with back problems. I don't know if Kenneth is in ICU, but if any of you in the B'ham area can get by there, please let us know how things are going.

I surely have missed all of you and hope to get back to visiting on line and maybe at the Spring swap. -- Alice

Comments (8)

• ourhighlandhome
    9 years ago

Alice,

Can you provide an update on Kenneth's condition? If he is still at UAB and you can send me a private e-mail with his last name (or room #, etc.) I will try my best to detour thru B'ham on my way to visit family this coming week to pay him a visit. If he can have flowers or has any other wants/needs (magazines, etc.) please let me know.

Thanks for any information. Sounds as if you have your hands full at the moment as well. Good luck to you & your husband. I'm sure his 'catbird' is one of the very best caregivers in the world!

Thinking of y'all....

Nelson

• outsideplaying_gw
    9 years ago

Goodness, I just noticed this post. I'm so sorry about Kenneth. If any of you do indeed have any word on his condition and if he's still at UAB, we'll be down that way on Thursday and I could drop by for a visit too. Send me a private e-mail and let me know his room #, last name, etc.

Catbird/Alice, so sorry about your DH, and hope he's doing better.

• catbird
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Sorry I didn't let you know that Kenneth came home Thursday. His message to the Master Gardeners said "I am home again, still very, very weak and still seriously ill but HOME!" I talked to him just few minutes ago and he's better, but in pain from inflammation in the cartilage around his breastbone. He and his sister live together, so she's looking after him and home health is checking on him for now. I don't know if he's back to doing anything on the computer, but if you'd like to have his address, send me an email and I'll send it to you. I know he'd love to hear from his Gardenweb friends.

• madabouteu
    9 years ago

For some reason, an earlier post did not get to the forum. I am doing well, ten days after getting home. Still fairly weak, but much stronger than I was. Thanks for your message, Plantman.

• browneyedsusan_gw
    9 years ago

Kenneth,
    I did not see this or I would have visited you while you were at UAB, where I work. I'm very glad you are feeling better now and hope that you continue to improve.

Susan

• madabouteu
    9 years ago

Susan, I will take the thought for the deed! I seem to have turned a corner - I no longer feel sick, just really washed out!

• outsideplaying_gw
    9 years ago

Hi, and glad to see you posting. Hope you are feeling stronger every day. I'm quite sure these things can really take a toll on your strength. Here's hoping you are still feeling well enough to enjoy the Holidays. All the best.

• browneyedsusan_gw
    9 years ago

I'm glad you are feeling better and have the energy to post on this site. I hope your health will continue to improve and that you will make it to the spring swap.
    Susan

Sponsored
Dream Design Construction LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Fairfax County's Innovative General Contractors