Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Awwwwww, rain at last.......

Posted by TweetyPye z8/SC Al. (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 1, 05 at 19:36

Although not nearly as much as needed. We haven't had rain here since the 3rd day of Oct. so, the little we did get today was very welcome. Thank goodness the weather has cooled off a bit, or else I would have to take out a loan to pay my water bill!
Would you believe I have daylilies about to bloom, and my newly planted Angel Trumpets are hanging full of buds also.
If the cold weather will just hold off a bit longer, I'll post some photos, when they bloom!
Jan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Awwwwww, rain at last.......

I wish you had pushed some of that rain over here! I keep track of the weather at my home, and in the last 74 days(including today) I have had 3.51" of rain.! The 74 days before that I had 24.63"! In all of September and October I had only 2.63" of rain. Hard to believe this is the same year, I had 9" of rain in 3 days time from Hurricane Dennis!

o

I actually am gonna need a loan for my water bill - it came in today - $134 - but my yard has looked good!......hmmm....what will I NOT pay in order to pay the water company?!?! :)

o

Sorry about that GAAlan! We really didn't get nearly enough either. I was out this afternoon, and you can't tell it even rained now. So, looks like it's the hose pipe for me once again!
Yea Rosie, I think I might have to take out that loan too!
Jan

o

I got enough to wet the driveway. Under the trees it was still dusty.

o

Glad to hear someone got some. Haven't kept records but ours sounds about like GAAlan's. Wettest June and July I've ever seen then two decent rains in mid Aug. then sprinkles. Haveing to wear dustmasks to vacuum up leaves.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here