Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wish list for spring

Posted by tinawina13 z8 Alabama (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 28, 05 at 7:53

Hello all! Got a computer for Christmas, so can now visit with you all more! Yea! Hope everyone is having a great holiday!
I have a wish list for spring, and am hoping to be able to locate some Joe Pye weed and Butterfly weed for my butterfly garden this spring. Went to Calloway gardens in August and the butterflys were all over the Joe Pye weed.
If anyone knows where I can obtain these, please let me know!
Thanks, and keep in touch--
As always ,
Happy Gardening!
Tina

Follow-Up Postings:

o
Select Seeds has Butterfly Weed seeds

• Posted by raestr z8 Central Ala (My Page) on
    Wed, Dec 28, 05 at 12:45

http://www.selectseeds.com/cgi-bin/htmlos.cgi/03109.2.6392611640612413791

They do not offer the plants, but they have seeds. I didn't see Joe Pye weed on their website. I would just try to google both of them and see what comes up.

Good luck,
Rae

o
RE: Wish list for spring

I'm fairly certain Burpee's carries Asclepias (Butterfly Weed) seed. I ordered some things from them last year including this seed.

o

For Joe Pye weed, go to Plant Delights. Cut and paste this address:
http://www.plantdelights.com/cgi-bin/simplesearch.pl

Terry

o

Hi, Tina. Glad to see you back. Have you checked the seed exchange? If not listed, you can post as a wanted.
Take care
Lynn

o

Hi Tina, Glad to here from you again.
I know that I have Butterfly Weed. I also planted tall Joe Ply and a shorter type.(I have the names somewhere). Will have to wait to see how they do. They should be available by our Spring Swap. Let me here from you then.

Tony

o

BTW, Tina, we missed you. Glad you are back! - Terry

o

Tina, I have asclepias seed and Eupatorium "chocolate". I can bring them for you to the spring swap if you say the word. Missed you at the last swap.
Susan.

o

I found some last spring at my local Freds Department store they were like $1.98 each .

o

I work in the garden dept. at Home Depot and we got some in last year. As far as I know we should have them in again this spring. They were $4.97 for a 1 gal. container. Beautiful plants too!

What floored me though, was how slowly they sold! I couldn't believe the number of people who hadn't a clue what they were!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here