Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zelenkabach

Good custom fence company-Etowah/calhoun county

zelenkabach
9 years ago

I have struggled with the decision of whether or not to have fence installed in my backyard. I like wood fences but don't like stockade fences because they don't let light in and would look really prison-like, as the area in my backyard that would be allowed to be fenced by law in my subdivision is small (corner lot issues). I don't like the industrial look of chain link fences either.

I wanted more privacy and planted trees, hedges and such,which have matured nicely, but have now made it an inviting and secluded habitat for local deer, who dine on unprotected parts of my yard regularly.

As I recently saw two of them scampering through my yard in broad daylight (2:30 p.m.!) I realize that I have to do something. So now I need an 8 foot fence!

I have found a design for a horizontal slatted wooden fence that I like and that does let some light through. The problem is, I haven't seen this fence replicated anywhere near where I live, and I want this to be installed correctly and to last. There seems to be only about 3 wooden fence styles that are installed in you area and I don't like any of them.

This installation will take a company with some design sensibilities that can do something out of the ordinary well, and won't charge me an arm and a leg because they don't "get it". When I drive through more urban areas (Birmingham, atlanta, etc.) I see a lot more design variety in the fences, but I know bringing someonefrom those areas will be a major ($$$$$) production.

Can anyone make any recommendations of knowledgeable/creative fencing contractors serving
Etowah/calhoun county that I should contact? Thank you in advance!

Comment (1)

• sundog7
    9 years ago

I talked to a couple of my friends who live in that area, but they were unable to point out a company that does what you want. My suggestion would be look online or in the yellow pages and have somebody from the fence companies come out and listen to what you want. They will either be able to do it or they'll know who in town can do it.

Sponsored