Return to the Allium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Leeks - Ready to plant out

Posted by kcdupree Z8 TX (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 9, 10 at 17:51

I have a huge row of leeks I have just thinned out, and have lots that are ready to trade or for postage. I would rather have a trade.

I don't remember planting the seeds, but this row has been there for a couple of years now, and it's quite big.

Thought it was just garlic so never bothered with it. Once
I started pulling it out, knew right away it wasn't garlic.

Had it 99% identified through our county extension agent, and also through a man at umext.umass.edu If you want pictures, just email me, I will send them on as I don't know how to post pictures here.

I would want potato onions, walking onions, garlic,(not Elephant) Perennials, hosta's, would rather not have seeds, just plants.
These are ready to plant, so these trades need to be made, but if your part is not ready to ship, I will trust you to send your part when they are.

I can ship a box full for the $4.95 price and would want an equal trade in return.

Email me at kcdupree@iglide.net as I might not look here on the forum for a couple of days.

Thanks,
Kathy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Leeks - Ready to plant out

Did you ever get your walking onions? I have a lot if you did not get them. I have plants that were given to me, they said they were leeks. Does not look like the leek in the stores though. Has a big flower head on it, with small bulbs on the bottom that get offshoots. Does not smell like garlic. I have used some for cooking, so it is a food of some sort.
Let me know if you want some walking onions. I generally grow them in 2 nice pots, just as ornamentals.
Darlene

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Allium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here