Return to the Allium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: I'itoi multiplying onions

Posted by twosunsaz z9 AZ (My Page) on
Wed, May 13, 09 at 15:52

Have lots of I'itoi multiplying onions to trade for items on my trade list.(Garlics,shallots,topsetters,peas,etc)

These onions are said to have been introduced by the Spaniards to The Native American Peoples of Southern Arizona and Northern Mexico in the 1600's.

They make mild flavored (imo),tasty scallions and multiply prolifically here in S.central Az. Should grow well in any area with mild winters.

Also have a few Catawissa Walking Onions that will be ready by months end. ~ Scott ~

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: I'itoi multiplying onions

hello fellow gardener,
i have a white topset.they are mild, tasty in the early spring.
email me if you want to trade.
clpieoo@yahoo.com
lori

o

Hi Lori,
I've just sent you e-mail. ~ Scott ~

o

Still have large quantities of I'itoi and Catawissa Multiplying Onions to trade. Now is good time to plant these.

Will trade for Edible Beans, Peas, Squash, Asian Veg, MELONS, Onions, GARLIC. Or...?

Have made several great trades recently and am ready for more.
Lets trade!
~ Scott ~

o

Scott,

I would love some of your multipliers. and Catawissa, I do have garlic, mostly to trade just elephant garlic, and do have garlic chives. Don't have any of the beans or peas or such, have watergardens and tons on lilies. I don't have any other garlics to trade, didn't water this year and neither did the sky, so just have in the ground what I started with. Going with soaker hoses this year.

Give me other things you might want, I would love to trade!

Thanks!
Kathy

o

Hi Kathy,

I'd be interested in your Elephant Garlic and Garlic Chives.
E-mail me and we can work out a trade. Thanks ~ Scott ~

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Allium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here