Return to the Allium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Tohono O'odham I'itoi's Onions

Posted by neohippie TX 8b (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 6, 10 at 11:17

I got 10 bulbs of these multiplier onions last year from Native Seeds/SEARCH, and boy are they prolific! Each one turned into a great big clump of onions. They would probably be best as scallions because the mature bulbs are very small, about the size of garlic cloves.

They were grown by Native Americans in Arizona. I planted them last August and they grew throughout the winter. The tops died back in May when it started to get hot. I dug them up then, but you could probably leave them in the ground to let them re-grow in the same spot.

I will send you 10 bulbs either in exchange for something on my trade list or for a SASBE. Just send me a GW message.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Tohono O'odham I'itoi's Onions

I'd love to have some of your onions but don't have anything on your want list. If you'd like to take a look at my haves and see if there is anything you'd like. I don't grow many veggies since the deer eat them all. They are even eating my hot peppers. Thanks, Nancy

o

Hi, just wanted to let you know that I sent your package out Monday and yours arrived safely today. Please let me know if you received yours yet and if so how they weathered the trip.

o

I was wondering if you still had this variety of onion and might be willing to do some trading. If so please let me know. I would also be willing to purchase a start if I were to have nothing you were interested in.

o

Hi 1791jr, I have a bunch of these onions. If you're still looking for some you can contact me through my GardenWeb page.

o

sea-kangaroo if you still have th tohono onions and the babbingtongleeks please email me at jwalk52164@gmail.com

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Allium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here